Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new Steyr pro x scout

Pretty much yes, I videoed him rattling the 10 shots off and its 4 seconds long start to end, silly quick and silly accurate. On quarry a double tap would be quite easy as would double it down on roosting pigeons if close enough together

One thing I did not was that it is very skirt damage sensitive, I.e. when you load the pellets if any skirts are deformed it shoots them but not quite as accurately, guess I am too used to rapids and the probe pushing them home and solving any issues, where as this shoots from the mag with no probe, also air arms hunter Diablo fit the mags well where as FTT are very very tight into the mags.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    One thing I did not was that it is very skirt damage sensitive, I.e. when you load the pellets if any skirts are deformed it shoots them but not quite as accurately, guess I am too used to rapids and the probe pushing them home and solving any issues, where as this shoots from the mag with no probe, also air arms hunter Diablo fit the mags well where as FTT are very very tight into the mags.
    yeah I can see that losing the sizing fucntion of a probe pushing them into the barrel makes pellet fit and uniformity so much more critical... maybe that's where some of the innacuracy reports came from ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Guy
    I Apologise if it came across like i was questioning your report mate no far from it!
    I was just curious to see the results,and they certainly are exactly as you said,I’m seriously wanting another S.A but it’s got to be in .25 fac.
    Yes i totally agree we are spoiled with the Rapid platform probe actually somewhat sorting out the slightly deformed skirts.
    Thanks
    Last edited by maxtich; 17-06-2019 at 01:35 PM.

full mag onto the target at 50 yards

https://imgur.com/a/eIob2lZ