Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2019 - Round 3

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Cool Sussex Interclub HFT 2019 - Round 3

Hi Everyone

Round 3 will be at Swallows FTC on Sunday 26th May.

Our post code is BN8 6DB - but if you're unsure or not visited us before it's prob worth checking out the finer detail on our web site HERE If you think you can find us from a past visit, just remember that we are at Broyle PARK Farm - not Broyle PLACE farm. The latter is our neighbour and about 1/2 a mile to the West of us.

The competition is open to all safe shooters with sub 12ft/lb air rifles and from any of the five hosting clubs (Swallows, Ford, Horsham Hawks, Mile Oak and Buxted) as well as teams from our established visiting clubs (Iden Fern, Meon Valley, MAD and Bisley).

Other individuals will also be welcomed; all we ask is for a brief heads up that you would like to join us by dropping the host club a PM (that's me - Biggles).

Gates will open at 8.00am with booking in commencing at 9.00am. If you're here early, please offer to help with final set out of the zero range before diving in to a bacon butty

The shoot will start at 10.00am after a safety briefing scheduled for around 9.50am. You must be at the safety briefing if you intend to shoot in the competition. Please remember: if you want to shoot with a specific person, don't leave booking-in to the last minute as you may be disappointed!

Cost £8.00
    Juniors (under 17) £5.00

The course will be set to current 2019 UKAHFT rules.

Tea and coffee will be available and catering will be provided care of Stuart Jellicoe.

Weather permitting (looking OK at the moment) parking will be in the main field. If it has to be around the farm, please ensure you do not block any routes for farm vehicles, including the entrances to any of the buildings. There's a risk of having lumps taken out of your vehicle should you get this bit wrong.

When driving through the farm please go at walking pace.

Any questions …. feel free to ask.

See you on Sunday

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

I have a question ...... How many smarties does it take to fill Wembley Stadium? Just Asking?

Have a great shoot Folks and good luck to Buxted

Regards
    No Hope

That imponderable requires an answer

A smartie is 8mm x 3.5mm and ovoidal in shape.
    If you had a sqaure metre tray, you should be able to place them 125 x 125 in the bottom = 15,625 if arranged nearly
    at 3.5mm in height, we are looking at approximately 280 smarties to reach 1 metre in height.

Assuming that our smarties are neatly stacked (but not perfectly optimised with a staggered layering) then 4,375,000 per cubic metre would seem reasonable.

If you however were thinking of a "pour fill" rather than a neatly stacked fill, then I would guess this would reduce the storage capacity a little - and for convenience of calculation, I would guess around 4,200,000, or 4.2 Megasmarties per cubic metre.

Old wembley stadium had a design capacity of 1,139,100 cubic metres and from googling, it seems the new one has a very rounded 4,000,000 cubic metres of space to take you to the brim.

So Old stadium = 4,784,220 Megasmarties ( 4,784,229,000,000 smarties)

New Statdium = 16,800,000 Megasmarties ( 16,800,000,000,000 smarties) - or 16.8 Terrasmarties

Not my answer, Google is your friend
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Quote Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post
    That imponderable requires an answer

A smartie is 8mm x 3.5mm and ovoidal in shape.
    If you had a sqaure metre tray, you should be able to place them 125 x 125 in the bottom = 15,625 if arranged nearly
    at 3.5mm in height, we are looking at approximately 280 smarties to reach 1 metre in height.

Assuming that our smarties are neatly stacked (but not perfectly optimised with a staggered layering) then 4,375,000 per cubic metre would seem reasonable.

If you however were thinking of a "pour fill" rather than a neatly stacked fill, then I would guess this would reduce the storage capacity a little - and for convenience of calculation, I would guess around 4,200,000, or 4.2 Megasmarties per cubic metre.

Old wembley stadium had a design capacity of 1,139,100 cubic metres and from googling, it seems the new one has a very rounded 4,000,000 cubic metres of space to take you to the brim.

So Old stadium = 4,784,220 Megasmarties ( 4,784,229,000,000 smarties)

New Statdium = 16,800,000 Megasmarties ( 16,800,000,000,000 smarties) - or 16.8 Terrasmarties

Not my answer, Google is your friend
    Somebody has wayyyyyyy too much time on their hands!

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Exclamation We're (nearly) ready 4U ....

The course is built, with thanks to Paul and Vince and one of our newer members keen to give HFT a go tomorrow - Chris.

Wish we'd been able to spend a bit more time, making the course even tricksier. So I have the SIHFT bag of "Clear Round" badges, packed and ready to dish out in numbers.

Thanks too to Gerry J for lots of ground-prep work during the past couple of weeks, and who will be supervising and/or doing the cheffing bit.

Remember that we want you to park in the main field, rather than the concrete areas around the farm buildings. Without expecting quite the precision required at Ford, please drive through to the area between (but not in) the chalkpit and the red-n-white tape. Should be plenty of room for everyone as long as you don't leave HUGE gaps between your vehicles.

The zero check range is also in the field and any of you arriving early may be asked to assist with setting out something to shoot at.

Also remember that we have to CLOSE (cease fire) the zero range while Andy or Charles check the targets between lanes 20 and 30. Whistles will indicate STOP / START as usual for this.

See you in the morning.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Sounds brilliant.

Looking forward to it, thanks fellas, where would we be without the few doing it for the many....

Mike, nothing wrong with a bit of expectation management.....I think the breeze may come to your aid

Clearances galore were predicted by Biggles
    Those in the know broke out in the giggles....

Bring it on....
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...