Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Crosman make the Benjamin pump up rifle now?

Do Crosman make the Benjamin pump up rifle now?

Hi All,

As I was floating around the web looking for bits for my 760 Crosman it now looks like Crosman are making the Benjamin Blue Streak? Is this correct and if so is it any good? I have not seen a UK supplier but was a bit puzzled as I thought that they were separate companies? I always fancied the Benjamin but could never find one, they seem to be fairly rare?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Writing this whilst gazing at a very old 760 which started a pretty futile search for parts. Can't bring myself to bin it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Hi All,

As I was floating around the web looking for bits for my 760 Crosman it now looks like Crosman are making the Benjamin Blue Streak? Is this correct and if so is it any good? I have not seen a UK supplier but was a bit puzzled as I thought that they were separate companies? I always fancied the Benjamin but could never find one, they seem to be fairly rare?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Writing this whilst gazing at a very old 760 which started a pretty futile search for parts. Can't bring myself to bin it though.
    Benjamin bought Sheridan which made the Blue Streak. Benjamin then got bought out by Crosman who continued all three lines for a while. Now Crosman continues the Benjamin line with a pumper. Many vintage guys would say the older ones especially the Sheridan Streaks were the best? But nothing wrong with their current pumper. Like most companies their putting most of their effort into PCPs.
    Last edited by 45flint; 21-05-2019 at 08:36 AM.

HELLO, are the any new decent pump ups you can buy today in the UK, i tried the webley years ago and was *****, i was thinking of a go to ratter to keep in motor, i have tried looking for an IMP type HW 99 S.cheers

To add to the request above does anyone stock the Crosman/Benjamin in the UK?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Crosman still make the 2100 pump up, but sadly not sold here
    Took me ages to find a decent 766 (early 2100) over here...

If you just want an adult pump up - theres the Webley Rebel which Pellpax are selling for £119... never tried one, so no idea if it's any goood or not.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post

If you just want an adult pump up - theres the Webley Rebel which Pellpax are selling for £119... never tried one, so no idea if it's any goood or not.
    hello, i tried the webley and it was a bit harsh on pumping,

The Webley looks like my old Innova from the pics, never held the pump up Webley... Would like to see a Sheridan though

hello, i know someone selling a Sheridan MK 1 blue streak in .20 in as new condition, what would you consider these are like,

The “Webley” has a poor reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    hello, i know someone selling a Sheridan MK 1 blue streak in .20 in as new condition, what would you consider these are like,
    By contrast, the older pre-Crosman Sheridans are very good indeed.
    Last edited by Geezer; 21-05-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Are you thinking of buying the Sheridan Oldboy? I would be interested what you thought of it ..

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    By contrast, the older pre-Crosman Sheridan’s are very good indeed.
    I thought they had reputation for poor triggers...?

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    Lovely, classic rifle. The triggers might not be the best and I suppose their popularity "back in the day" centred around its power output when it was considered that springers wouldn't make "sufficient" power. Slimline, classic looks, compact and makes you question why you may want anything larger and heavier......a bit like a HW99 and that does it all with a simple, single stroke.

I'd be more than happy to home a Streak, though.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I thought they had reputation for poor triggers...?
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Lovely, classic rifle. The triggers might not be the best and I suppose their popularity "back in the day" centred around its power output when it was considered that springers wouldn't make "sufficient" power. Slimline, classic looks, compact and makes you question why you may want anything larger and heavier......a bit like a HW99 and that does it all with a simple, single stroke.

I'd be more than happy to home a Streak, though.
    What Tone said. The sights are also poor, much improved by fitting a Williams peep. Triggers are no worse than most contemporary rifles (inferior to older Crosman 1400, better than later 766/2200 Crosman). Bomb-proof, classic, quite collectible.

Anyway, I like mine.

The best pumper (apart from rare stuff like Mohawk multi-pumps or custom Bowketts) is probably the Sharp Ace. But they aren’t common, and are around £250 in good nick.

the early pre Benjamin sheridans are great guns well worth getting
    triggers aren't that bad especially on UK converted ones as the hammer spring isn't as strong
    they didn't make a mk1 but there was variations in the c models with imo the early rocker safety with the adj pistons being the better ones but the stocks on the thumb safety were a nicer shape
    the current Benjamin pumpers are the 392/7 and the same as the last c9 bluestreak just a different calibre

Most reports on the Rebel are pretty unfavourable.....maybe better to track down a nice Innova or, better still, an Ace or Victory.

Re the 2100.....I don't know if this would be the case now. I had owned a 766 back when I was 17. Accurate and seemingly powerful enough for its duties at the time, including some rat bashing. I wasn't so impressed when the very thin barrel fell off when the securing grub screw came loose!

But, back in 1998 I acquired a Model 1 cheaply. It was over the limit due to the previous, power mad, owner stuffing a stronger hammer spring in. You had to cock it before pumping. Shortened the spring to get the power back down. I then got a used 766 in 2009. And then sort of got a little carried away. I bought a new 1377 which I still own now. I mini-carbined it, fitting the Crosman shoulder stock, steel breech and scope. Very accurate and it's my preferred Crosman platform.

I wondered if I could get a new 2100 over here and the answer, seemingly, was "no". However, not taking "no" as an answer, I rang Crosman in the States directly. I was greeted by an extremely helpful, friendly and efficient lady who informed me that, if the UK importer asked for some, they could have them. So I rang ASI and they said, "no problem, order through an RFD and we'll get them". Minimum order quantity was three. I duly ordered them and they arrived a few weeks later at a cost of £67 each. Bargain. And I bought a new 760 at the time, too, just for short range, back garden fun.

So, I don't know if this could still be done; maybe worth asking, especially if three members wanted one each?

In 2010 I had the burning gonads for a new HW98. To save costs and de-clutter (keeping 'er indoors happy) I part exchanged all the Crosman rifles. Sometimes I sort of have fond memories, but probably don't really regret it. I might be tempted by one of the newer, sharper looking 760s at some point, though.

Can't remember which thread Jon Budd mentioned this on, but it would be interesting to see if a thicker, more sturdy rifled barrel could be made to fit a 760. Nothing's impossible if you have the right skills and equipment, I suppose.

But then I'd keep going back to my preference of the 1377 platform. And, when I was into this short-lived "Crosman craze" and looked in, some of the US 1377-based creations are stunning, accurate and powerful.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!