Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do Crosman make the Benjamin pump up rifle now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    I have a Daisy (all plastic) pump up and its good fun, both my lads started plinking with it... I believe they make a wood stocked version which would be interesting.
    Never owned one, but those Daisy’s have always had an odd appeal. Light, cheap, plasticky, heavy trigger, not too powerful, but I have always sort of liked them.

Not sure about a wood version. I don’t think that’s currently offered.

Much as with the 760s, the earlier (70-93) ones have metal receivers and are generally probably more desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    They can be. Just on a more stringent equivalent of an FAC. Day-long competency test, medical, drug, psych checks. Limits on ammo holding and storage (I believe Japanese shotgun shooters can only buy new cartridges if they hand in their empties in exchange), annual checks by police, that kind of thing.
    Thank you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I have a couple of dasys and even the US made ones are more toy like in construction I have a 822 to reseal and a 922 to reseal and source a barrel and pellet loader for but I never seem to get the motivation to do them and keep forgetting to order the seals for them

Just noticed that www.airgunseurope.com in the Netherlands sell the Benjamin/Sheridan pumpers -- maybe a bit pricey at £274.95 though.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    the town and country or the junior in either calibre are models I'd like to acquire along with a 120
    I was looking at a 100 that a mate had but it needed a bit of work and the cost inc shipping was just a bit much
    Note that there are two distinct variations of the Crosman model 120: brass and steel. The brass guns are great, built to a very high standard, although very plain looking. The steel model 120 guns are not the same and not worth as much. It's generally thought that the brass guns were made in the Rochester factory and the later steel ones made in Fairport.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    The stock on that Crosman just looks so much better than the Sheridan - which has a fore end that looks like it was made as a first grade woodwork project...what were they thinking?
    Aesthetically the only feature the Sheridan has going for it is the loading bolt which looks a lot cooler than Crosman's el cheapo rotating cover.
    The bolt is one of the components that got upgraded with the model 1400 (later version of the 140 but much rarer). The 1400 (depending on version) got a nice standard style loading bolt, instead of the sloppy cover of the 140.

The 1400 came during the late 1960s "Going Great Guns" campaign where Crosman updated a number of models to higher quality. The Medalist II model 1300 was in the same group. Imo, the 1400 (again, depending on version) is one of the best pneumatic Crosman models ever made and is certainly head and shoulders above the 140.