Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
Crosman still make the 2100 pump up, but sadly not sold here
Took me ages to find a decent 766 (early 2100) over here...

If you just want an adult pump up - theres the Webley Rebel which Pellpax are selling for £119... never tried one, so no idea if it's any goood or not.
Most reports on the Rebel are pretty unfavourable.....maybe better to track down a nice Innova or, better still, an Ace or Victory.

Re the 2100.....I don't know if this would be the case now. I had owned a 766 back when I was 17. Accurate and seemingly powerful enough for its duties at the time, including some rat bashing. I wasn't so impressed when the very thin barrel fell off when the securing grub screw came loose!

But, back in 1998 I acquired a Model 1 cheaply. It was over the limit due to the previous, power mad, owner stuffing a stronger hammer spring in. You had to cock it before pumping. Shortened the spring to get the power back down. I then got a used 766 in 2009. And then sort of got a little carried away. I bought a new 1377 which I still own now. I mini-carbined it, fitting the Crosman shoulder stock, steel breech and scope. Very accurate and it's my preferred Crosman platform.

I wondered if I could get a new 2100 over here and the answer, seemingly, was "no". However, not taking "no" as an answer, I rang Crosman in the States directly. I was greeted by an extremely helpful, friendly and efficient lady who informed me that, if the UK importer asked for some, they could have them. So I rang ASI and they said, "no problem, order through an RFD and we'll get them". Minimum order quantity was three. I duly ordered them and they arrived a few weeks later at a cost of £67 each. Bargain. And I bought a new 760 at the time, too, just for short range, back garden fun.

So, I don't know if this could still be done; maybe worth asking, especially if three members wanted one each?

In 2010 I had the burning gonads for a new HW98. To save costs and de-clutter (keeping 'er indoors happy) I part exchanged all the Crosman rifles. Sometimes I sort of have fond memories, but probably don't really regret it. I might be tempted by one of the newer, sharper looking 760s at some point, though.

Can't remember which thread Jon Budd mentioned this on, but it would be interesting to see if a thicker, more sturdy rifled barrel could be made to fit a 760. Nothing's impossible if you have the right skills and equipment, I suppose.

But then I'd keep going back to my preference of the 1377 platform. And, when I was into this short-lived "Crosman craze" and looked in, some of the US 1377-based creations are stunning, accurate and powerful.