Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Crosman make the Benjamin pump up rifle now?

Excellent read Tony... maybe ordering from the US is the only way to go? Crosmans do seem to get customised a lot and I would love to find a wood stocked 2200 that was affordable hence looking at the Benjamins.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Excellent read Tony... maybe ordering from the US is the only way to go? Crosmans do seem to get customised a lot and I would love to find a wood stocked 2200 that was affordable hence looking at the Benjamins.
    You can still buy a new pumper on the UK,Nova Vista Pneupump PCP Air rifle

I'd much prefer a Sheridan / Benjamin (early or late) to a 2200, Carl. Much more solid and with true classic presence. I think ordering from the US would be tricky? The Sheridan / Benjamin models offer in excess of 12ft.lbs muzzle energy and I wouldn't have thought that they'd entertain restricting one to sub-12. If you're patient, one might well turn up on here? One of the shops that I've bought from in the past, Lincoln City , often had Sheridans in. Maybe worth a try? And maybe be worth putting feelers out with people like Blackpool Air Rifles and Protek?

Er.......just a thought.....Mr Tinbum had one for sale a short while ago. Not sure if he still has it? Seem to remember that it wasn't silly money, either.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Pm me I have one

To add to the request above does anyone stock the Crosman/Benjamin in the UK?
    Please pm me I might be able to help.

Here's what I would suggest, regarding buying a new Crosman/Benjamin pump gun from the US: contact MAC-1 in Los Angeles. They are the experts. They are the only ones selling the "Steroid" high power components. While you probably won't want the full-power conversion, they have a full billet steel pump lever upgrade that transforms the pumping action; Highly recommended. Even if you only buy a stock gun, have MAC-1 service it first and make sure you're getting a gun in top condition. Tell them Dean Fletcher sent you..... on second thought...

http://www.mac1airgunshop.com

Regarding the history. Yes, Sheridan bought out Benjamin and continued the line. Crosman then bought the Sheridan/Benjamin company. The idea of continuing the Benjamin line was Crosman's way of acknowledging their past history. They did this instead of producing any "vintage" Crosman models. The new guns are in many ways far superior to the older models (better trigger, etc) but some of the components are not up to the same standard. It is those low points where MAC-1 has stepped in and addressed. Of course, you end up with a $200 plus gun but a full MAC-1 Steroid is probably the best American-made pneumatic air rifle ever sold.

MAC-1 can equip with the Williams peep. Saw that they just got in a new shipment and have a few left over.

Thanks for the help Guys, I have never heard of MAc 1 but will have a look at their site and will use them if nothing turns up here that is affordable. $200 is still not bad for a decent (classic?) air rifle? Importing stuff may add a little to that...

Its a bit surprising that the Sheridan will exceed 12ft/lb, what do they go up to? I had it in my head that they were a plinker type rifle rather than a hunting gun, having asked that do the Crosmans exceed 12ft/lb in the US?

I will now have a sneaky look for parts for my ugly non working Crosman-it will probably thread every screw if I managed to find the parts anyway

Thanks for the help Guys, I have never heard of MAc 1 but will have a look at their site and will use them if nothing turns up here that is affordable. $200 is still not bad for a decent (classic?) air rifle? Importing stuff may add a little to that...

Its a bit surprising that the Sheridan will exceed 12ft/lb, what do they go up to? I had it in my head that they were a plinker type rifle rather than a hunting gun, having asked that do the Crosmans exceed 12ft/lb in the US?

I will now have a sneaky look for parts for my ugly non working Crosman-it will probably thread every screw if I managed to find the parts anyway
    Actually Sheridan’s were thought of here in the US as ideal hunting airguns. Though I would say typically with normal pumping they would be about 12 FP. But could easily exceed it. Mac-1 Steriod 18-20 FP.

When you say Crosman now you mean Benjamin as well cause they make all the guns now. The old Sheridan’s were a little more powerful but Crosman guns can exceed 12 FP.
    Last edited by 45flint; 22-05-2019 at 09:07 AM.

used to be a Polish company selling 2100's that shipped to the UK
    problem with the 392/7 is that they will in std form go over 12fpe which is why the c9a bluestreaks for the UK and Can market had a blow off valve fitted to the piston like the sharps did
    the UK/Can spec 2200's and model 1's also had a blow off valve but this was like a setra and was fitted to the valve
    the later 392/7 guns would need either a c9a piston arrangement fitting or the hammer spring balancing like the early streaks needed so the valve suffered valve lock if too many pumps were used

That's pretty impressive knowledge Ped! Are pump ups fixable? Mine has sentimental value so I would buy parts etc but don't know what would be the main culprit-the pump arm moves too easily and does not pump any air. I assume that the valve is jammed? Ahhh. I now believe (if youtube members are correct) that the pump head seal needs replacing which does not look too terrible a job....except

Chambers has none in stock nor Knibbs or SD customs or Gmac… I have emailed the Western Europe branch of Crosman to see where this part would be available in Europe...also just tried Mac 1. Its a small cheap part....
    Last edited by Gamocfx; 22-05-2019 at 03:54 PM.

not much that can't be fixed
    I've resoldered sheridans back together and recut valve body seal faces on soldered valves and I have a multitude of crosman pumpers from 101's up to new style 1377's
    most of my older crosmans have needed work -parts or resealing
    if you need a piston seal gmac generally have them for all the cup type ones
    for earlier flat top valves with the parachute seal I make o ring pistons to replace the older not available in the UK seal

Impressive skills Ped! I can just about change a piston seal in a Meteor. The 2200 I have is I think the earlier type before 1983, I have no idea what the pump seal will look like but will certainly email Gmac to see if they have one. I would love to get this rifle back up and running...it going on the rack either way so would be better if it could actually function.

hardest job with the 2200 is opening the valve as they loctite'd them and you have very little to grip them at the front o ring groove
    one way is to remove the o ring and wrap wire in the groove then you can grip it without chewing it up
    I use the lathe and er collets to undo them
    the early valves had a 3 part stem which is obsolete but the later 2100 stem fits (a 1377 later stem can be used but you have to shorten the shaft a tad)I've started refurbing the old stems by making a new carbon ptfe body

Wow I have to admit that you lost me pretty early on there... I certainly have no lathe, possibly it would be easier for mechanical tards like myself to just buy a new valve! Having said that I tried to picture everything you wrote and can only be envious and impressed by your skills

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Can't remember which thread Jon Budd mentioned this on, but it would be interesting to see if a thicker, more sturdy rifled barrel could be made to fit a 760. Nothing's impossible if you have the right skills and equipment, I suppose.

But then I'd keep going back to my preference of the 1377 platform. And, when I was into this short-lived "Crosman craze" and looked in, some of the US 1377-based creations are stunning, accurate and powerful.
    I've just fitted a old falcon 12mm OD barrel to my bitsa 2200. the std barrel is 8mm OD ! I used the original as a barrel liner for a BSA scoprion years ago. Still quite a bit more work to do on the crosman , but it might be up and running for the bash...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The Crosman enthusiasts really turn out works of art and every credit to them, it is certainly on my bucket list to fiddle with one (or more). I can't help but think though that they are a "nearly" gun... as standard they are never there with the quality. It would be interesting to see how popular a 760 etc would be if they released a deluxe model that was not all monkey metal and straw barrels? The concept of the guns are ingenious but sadly they are built to a price.

I would very much like to see a 2200 with a real barrel as well!