Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do Crosman make the Benjamin pump up rifle now?

nothing really new apart from the lr700 though sharps are still made in Japan (not for export) and the 392/7 from Benjamin
    one to look at is the nova vista that is a pcp that has an on board pump

What about the SMK B45? Is that still a thing? Are they for sale anywhere? I probably would try one of those just because they are so different

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    What about the SMK B45? Is that still a thing? Are they for sale anywhere? I probably would try one of those just because they are so different
    1. Awful.
    2. No longer made, because awful
    3. Nope.
    4. Yep.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by smallholder1 View Post
    the old sheridan are nice rifles I have one made in 1968.......but my favourite pump gun is my crosman 140 trigger gets harder to pull the more pumps but is made from blued steel and walnut stock at 5 pumps shoots nice
    The stock on that Crosman just looks so much better than the Sheridan - which has a fore end that looks like it was made as a first grade woodwork project...what were they thinking?
    Aesthetically the only feature the Sheridan has going for it is the loading bolt which looks a lot cooler than Crosman's el cheapo rotating cover.

Haha the B45 seems not worth bothering with.... will start again

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    The stock on that Crosman just looks so much better than the Sheridan - which has a fore end that looks like it was made as a first grade woodwork project...what were they thinking?
    Aesthetically the only feature the Sheridan has going for it is the loading bolt which looks a lot cooler than Crosman's el cheapo rotating cover.
    The wood on the Sheridan's often lets them down because the butt and fore end don't match. That said, I have seen some really superb examples of American walnut on rifles owned by members of the forum.
    The earlier Crosman's usually had nice stocks -- I have a 400 in a lovely figured elm.

b45's are very collectable and surprisingly accurate although part fitment and finish isn't as good
    the mag idea was crap but it's similar to a sharps innova

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    hello, is there a decent pump up to buy in UK ?
    You might be interested in the Daisy Powerline 880 -- lots of plastic like the Crosman 766 -- but a decent enough little plinker and as cheap as chips at under £50.

I have a Daisy (all plastic) pump up and its good fun, both my lads started plinking with it... I believe they make a wood stocked version which would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I've just fitted a old falcon 12mm OD barrel to my bitsa 2200. the std barrel is 8mm OD ! I used the original as a barrel liner for a BSA scoprion years ago. Still quite a bit more work to do on the crosman , but it might be up and running for the bash...
    It would be very nice indeed if completed for the Bash, Jon.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

The Crosman enthusiasts really turn out works of art and every credit to them, it is certainly on my bucket list to fiddle with one (or more). I can't help but think though that they are a "nearly" gun... as standard they are never there with the quality. It would be interesting to see how popular a 760 etc would be if they released a deluxe model that was not all monkey metal and straw barrels? The concept of the guns are ingenious but sadly they are built to a price.

I would very much like to see a 2200 with a real barrel as well!
    Yep, and I must admit, the silhouette is lovely and they're a really handy size.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    nothing really new apart from the lr700 though sharps are still made in Japan (not for export) and the 392/7 from Benjamin
    one to look at is the nova vista that is a pcp that has an on board pump
    Not wanting to be a git, ped, but I'm pretty sure that I had read in the past that Sharps were all for export as they couldn't be owned in Japan? Could be very wrong, though, and stand to be corrected.

Impressive skills Ped! I can just about change a piston seal in a Meteor. The 2200 I have is I think the earlier type before 1983, I have no idea what the pump seal will look like but will certainly email Gmac to see if they have one..
    The only ones I worked on were a 766, 2100 and my 1377s. If a cup type, an absolute doddle to do, Carl.

Before I knew of G-Mac I used to ring ASI directly and they were happy to post parts out to private owners. The last time I spoke to them I think the chap pretty much said that they sell all the parts to Gordon at G-Mac.

If you have never looked, the Crosman site is an excellent resource for parts diagrams and parts numbers. At least it certainly was the last time I looked in. You then have the part number to give to Gordon if you're after a part he doesn't list.

And one thing I still plan to do one day is to obtain a Backpacker pump tube. Then use the 1377 bits but with a flat top piston conversion, steel breech, shoulder stock and longer barrel and see what the resulting beastie would be like. Maybe a sturdier pump arm required? Really like this platform and you can also have a nice trigger, too.

Purposeful looking too, but it'd never be elegant like the Streaks and 140s etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Not wanting to be a git, ped, but I'm pretty sure that I had read in the past that Sharps were all for export as they couldn't be owned in Japan? Could be very wrong, though, and stand to be corrected.
    They can be. Just on a more stringent equivalent of an FAC. Day-long competency test, medical, drug, psych checks. Limits on ammo holding and storage (I believe Japanese shotgun shooters can only buy new cartridges if they hand in their empties in exchange), annual checks by police, that kind of thing.