Thread: HW110 ‘slow’ leak

HW110 ‘slow’ leak

Hi

I’m hoping someone can help.

I bought my 110 back in October last year. When I first bought it I was shooting it regularly, at least once a week and all was fine. Around Christmas I started a new contract which meant my time on the range has been limited. When I first took it out again around mid Jan I noticed that the pressure had dropped from its last fill, from about 190bar down to the 160/170 range. I’ve used it intermittently since and the same thing was happening, if it was left for more than 2 weeks I would see a small drop in pressure.

I went shooting again 3 weeks ago similar story and on returning home topped it up to 190bar, locked it away etc. I’ve just gone to get it out this evening and it was done to 50bar, so it’s dropped significantly in the space of 3 weeks.

Clearly what was a slow leak has turned into something more serious. Filled it up again this evening and there’s nothing audible, but clearly there is a problem for it to have dropped that much (and with the previous ‘slow’ leak). I have 2 other PCPs and they haven’t been used for months and are showing no signs of losing air.

Has anyone experienced this with a 110 and if so, is there a solution short of taking it to the local gunsmith? For the record, short of a bit of barrel cleaning and general TLC I’ve never stripped a gun a would be nervous about doing this without proper help!

Many thanks in advance.
    It is better to be thought dumb and keep one's mouth shut, than to open it and remove all doubt......

Should it not still be under warranty?

Cheers, Phil

Fill the cylinder and unscrew it if thats possible. Check the cylinder to see if it drops. If it doesnt, leak is in action.
    Use your warranty.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Not acceptable in an 8 month old rifle, back to the shop.