Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger 10/22 air rifle review on at 3pm

Ruger 10/22 air rifle review on at 3pm

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    will be interesting to see what price they go up for here in the uk
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

11lb trigger pull weight on double action though

I haven't seen the video but I did read Tom Gaylord's initial review which was enough for me to say one of these won't be for me, after the initial "wow, that's nice" reaction when first announced.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    11lb trigger pull weight on double action though
    Only slightly worse than a real one!

Good effort but need to do better

I thought I read somewhere it was going to be semi, but that is a 'mechanical repeater'
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I wonder if much of the after market stuff will fit the co2 version...if so, then it will be very customisable
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    I wonder if much of the after market stuff will fit the co2 version...if so, then it will be very customisable
    I was also wondering about that
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the real thing is crap, so no surprise this is too..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by IanSea View Post
    Only slightly worse than a real one!
    I can’t remember the original being double action

Looks nice, though would have preferred a quality wood stock and a much higher .177 velocity FPS to tempt me to buy. As it is, an expensive toy so no chance.

Another anaemic toy from umarex

S
    Quote Originally Posted by IanU View Post
    I can’t remember the original being double action
    Real ones aren’t double action but later models often have 8lb plus trigger pulls. I borrowed a club members unmodified rifle to shoot a course of fire when mine had spat out it’s extractor. The trigger pull was so firm I thought the safety was still on.

S

Real ones aren’t double action but later models often have 8lb plus trigger pulls. I borrowed a club members unmodified rifle to shoot a course of fire when mine had spat out it’s extractor. The trigger pull was so firm I thought the safety was still on.
    When I was looking into getting a FAC, I did a bit of research and found you can buy all sorts of upgraded parts including a replacement trigger unit which was supposed to be a vast improvement on the original

S

True, but thinking back to the one that I had in the early 80's the pull weight was quite good/light for a sporter and I had no issues with it. These days it could be something to do with US gun safety laws? Bump tests maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    When I was looking into getting a FAC, I did a bit of research and found you can buy all sorts of upgraded parts including a replacement trigger unit which was supposed to be a vast improvement on the original
    There's the rub, I could have paid nigh on £450 to £500 for a stainless with synthetic after my variation came through but then would have had to pay another £100 or so for a trigger upgrade.

Nostalgic as I felt at the time I got a CZ455 16" stainless synthetic and trigger spring kit instead.