Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger 10/22 air rifle review on at 3pm

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    exactly why I hate them. they are absolute sh!te out of the box. Sure you can buy trigger upgrades, new mag, new bolts, new firing gins, new frames, and once finished you have a decent gun.. I'm sure you can see the problem here
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    True, but thinking back to the one that I had in the early 80's the pull weight was quite good/light for a sporter and I had no issues with it. These days it could be something to do with US gun safety laws? Bump tests maybe?

There's the rub, I could have paid nigh on £450 to £500 for a stainless with synthetic after my variation came through but then would have had to pay another £100 or so for a trigger upgrade.

Nostalgic as I felt at the time I got a CZ455 16" stainless synthetic and trigger spring kit instead.
    The price of new 10/22s in this country is just crazy. They are certainly good fun but I think a second hand example would be a better buy.

Last time I used a stock 10/22 was in 2000-2002. Trigger seemed fine, if not great. It would put its preferred ammo into 1” at 50M.

Not bad. Though I hated the fiddly bolt release.

Any better and you had to get into the customisation route with the new bits costing more than the original rifle.

Anyway, the Umarex looks like an interesting budget plinker. Let’s see what it’s actually like before we decide it is rubbish.

Regarding the buying new parts to make it better (the original 10/22) . How many have spent more money on a 2240 or 2250 crosman compared to how much it cost brand new

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

Anyway, the Umarex looks like an interesting budget plinker. Let’s see what it’s actually like before we decide it is rubbish.
    Where's the fun in that?

Think this was done so badly it will make the real deal look better than it is
    Its a plinker, and not bringing much that more fun stuff already do better.