Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW100 problems etc.?

HW100 problems etc.?

Hello all. A question or two please. Two members of a shooting club have had problems with New HW100's, very inacurate tried with different pellets. There chaps have been shooting for many years and have multiple makes of rifles - Daystates - Air Arms - BSA etc. One chap has just sent his rifle (new) back for the 3rd. time, action loose in stock, gun replaced, new one accuracy terrible sent back new barrel fitted, came back and was no better.
    I have shortened the story because the HW dealer had 'looked' at it twice before the saga of it being sent back to HC.
    I ask is there a known problem with new WH 100's? I was seriously interested in buying one but am now not so sure.
    Thoughts comments etc. much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hello all. A question or two please. Two members of a shooting club have had problems with New HW100's, very inacurate tried with different pellets. There chaps have been shooting for many years and have multiple makes of rifles - Daystates - Air Arms - BSA etc. One chap has just sent his rifle (new) back for the 3rd. time, action loose in stock, gun replaced, new one accuracy terrible sent back new barrel fitted, came back and was no better.
    I have shortened the story because the HW dealer had 'looked' at it twice before the saga of it being sent back to HC.
    I ask is there a known problem with new WH 100's? I was seriously interested in buying one but am now not so sure.
    Thoughts comments etc. much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Geoff.
    Hi bud, if you search online you will see over the last good couple of years that the hw100 is one of the most problematic guns out there , All sorts from power loss to increase , accuracy and the biggest problem is with leaking, They leak like a shower head, The main problem is the owners tend to be in denial and your likely to get stoned to death just by mentioning a problem with the hw100, Its not a new problem with them I'm afraid,

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hi bud, if you search online you will see over the last good couple of years that the hw100 is one of the most problematic guns out there , All sorts from power loss to increase , accuracy and the biggest problem is with leaking, They leak like a shower head, The main problem is the owners tend to be in denial and your likely to get stoned to death just by mentioning a problem with the hw100, Its not a new problem with them I'm afraid,
    I've got to agree with this, I've had three myself, and two out of the three had issues

In contrast, people slate Daystate, but I've had 40/50 of them and still have 5/6, and I've only ever had a couple of small problems in all the years I've had them, but HW seem to get away with it
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I must say that when I originally got my HW 100 from a club member it was very reliable and shot amazing groups at long range. Over time I got the occasional leak which just needed new seals. Having worked on a few others which had strange symptoms like not recharging the regulator with air after first shot, I have come to the conclusion it is still a lovely rifle capable of excellent performance but it is like having a performance car that you probably will have the occasional fiddle with to keep in fine fettle.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

No problems

Had 3 no problem with any. NO where near as bad as Bsa R10 they are pants

Not looking to stone anyone to death but I've had several HW100s and have found them to be the least troublesome of all the mainstream brands. Unlike James I've had many, many problems with Daystates.
    It's just personal experience I suppose.

I think accuracy issues have become quite common with them, possibly due to variances in pellet manufacturing? My friend's 100 has been pretty spot on in the time he's had it but in more recent years the barrel has fouled up a bit causing loss of accuracy. My own one has been quite bad for fouling but with lubricated pellets it seems to wash the deposits out and keep it more consistent.

I wonder if Weihrauch's QC has taken a dive with their newer stock. I certainly can't say I've heard of anyone complaining about loose actions in the stocks. It could explain a few things for sure.

Thanks chaps I did have a look on a couple of sites but wanted some hands on exsperiance from chaps on here. It seems to be a bit of a lottery. It wont be a new one thats for sure but if there is such a thing as a good year any suggestions?
    Heres hoping!!
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Age is not so much of an issue, it's more down to how well it's been looked after and if any work has been done - this can be a double edged sword as work done well is great but work done by amateurs can be a right mess Buying off a forum member can help with this, but I done that last year and the gun immediately dropped all it's air that night - on contacting the member he politely told me is was fine when I got it
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    That's really disappointing to hear.
    I have a few older ones in my loft which haven't been used much for several years but which have been holding perfectly at 90bar all this time in storage. I don't recall them letting me down. I'll have to get them dusted off, chrono'd and advertised after the school half term so someone can make use of them!

As for inaccuracy, I'd check the barrel locking screw (concealed by the air reservoir), remove the rubber O-ring from the barrel support (so barrel floats freely but still protected by metal hoop), check silencer to see if pellets are clipping, check chrono readings for acceptable consistency, check scope for parallax errors.

As for power changes: Hull Cartridge used to set them up to 11.4ftlb with RWS Superdome which I found to be among the lowest-muzzle-energy pellets in a HW100. So while the guns may well be close to 11.4ftlb with Superdomes, they often touched or exceeded 12ftlb with some other popular brands of pellets - often 'over' with JSB/AA Field or Logun Penetrator/Pax Exterminator.
    Sometimes excessive grease on the body of the hammer seemed to affect muzzle energy in different weather conditions and after a while the grease would disperse/evaporate and power would creep up a bit.

Hi bud, if you search online you will see over the last good couple of years that the hw100 is one of the most problematic guns out there ,
    Are we in denial, or are we just not seeing any problems due to this "most problematic" gun actually being just about the most reliable and least problematic pcp on the market today? In the last 30 months I've bought 3, and the worst I can say is one was a bit fussy about very light pellets, didn't like sniper lights or jsb rs whereas the others prefer the lightest. During the same time I've been recommending them like mad and between my friends there's now another 5 or 6, and nobody has had a single issue. If you wanted to insult the cricket-bat styling I might grudgingly agree you have a point, if you wanted to say they're common or unexciting then you're probably right, but problematic? not at all!

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireDave View Post
    Are we in denial, or are we just not seeing any problems due to this "most problematic" gun actually being just about the most reliable and least problematic pcp on the market today? In the last 30 months I've bought 3, and the worst I can say is one was a bit fussy about very light pellets, didn't like sniper lights or jsb rs whereas the others prefer the lightest. During the same time I've been recommending them like mad and between my friends there's now another 5 or 6, and nobody has had a single issue. If you wanted to insult the cricket-bat styling I might grudgingly agree you have a point, if you wanted to say they're common or unexciting then you're probably right, but problematic? not at all!
    Now you see what I mean,

try a HW100

HI All, I have had all sorts of makes but allways seem to go back to daystate and only had a odd problem with daystate gun, so for a change got HW100 T full lenth 177cal its a 2016 model the power was low at 10.6 FPP ,so out with the anytamper and a slite in crease to 11.7 FPP, and once i cleaned the barrol its supper accurit with jsb express ,now the other is a HW100 KS in 22cal,4mth old its a cracking gun only doing 11.3 fpp,wich is a bit low and very accurit both were bought second hand so my be i was lucky, I can say the real good thing is they dont seem to spit the pellets out like daystates, but very happy untill i get board with them LOL. ATB BOB.

Now you see what I mean,
    The thing though is that lots of people own a HW100 and they are relatively reliable so lots of people will give their findings. There’s no secret conspiracy, most people speak as they find.
    I’ve got a KS at the moment and it’s been faultless and very consistent. I’ve had a Regal HR for the same amount of time and, while I love shooting it, it’s back at Daystate for the second time with a slow leak. It can happen to any make of air rifle.
    If someone asked me which make of pcp I’ve found to be the most reliable I’d say the HW100, not because I love Weihrauch but because it’s the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    The thing though is that lots of people own a HW100 and they are relatively reliable so lots of people will give their findings. There’s no secret conspiracy, most people speak as they find.
    I’ve got a KS at the moment and it’s been faultless and very consistent. I’ve had a Regal HR for the same amount of time and, while I love shooting it, it’s back at Daystate for the second time with a slow leak. It can happen to any make of air rifle.
    If someone asked me which make of pcp I’ve found to be the most reliable I’d say the HW100, not because I love Weihrauch but because it’s the truth.
    Yes all can have problems but when someone is seeking advice on a forum about one particular gun it just seems to be that if the hw100 is mentioned in a bad light it's like a Brexit thread, Owners will normally deny any problems with them which i find quite bad as a new owner of a hw100 may be mislead into buying one thinking that they are faultless, Its nice to see all good and bad reviews of any gun, The new possible owners can take all info into consideration and decide which way forward, I'm sure they shoot well once sorted, like most some may need a little work etc but there are lots of issues on this forum alone with the hw100, Most with leaks, At least the new buyer will be more the wiser and can decide accordingly,