Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Rifle.

Looking for a Rifle.

Hi Chaps,

I am looking to buy a rifle to mess about with as I have finally cleared a room and space for a bench, sights need not be with the gun as I will scope it up and the only criteria is that it is mostly complete preferably working. I have a long wish list of rifles and a realistic expectation of what a cheap gun would look like. If anyone has one of the following rifles for sale at a reasonable (cheapish) price and would be willing to post I would be interested in any of the following especially in .177...

Webley Hawk Mk3
    Webley Vulcan
    Webley C1 (I wish!)
    BSA Supersport… the carbine is a great little rifle
    Gamo 440 (Walnut effect stock)
    Gamo CFX..

Thanks in advance Guys I am in the Lancashire area and could pic up if local ish to save the hassle of postage.
    Last edited by Gamocfx; 24-05-2019 at 07:36 PM.

I wish you good luck mate. You like crappy rifles

Haha I could not argue but those things are classics damn it! Just stuff that I missed as a younger me and the Gamo's...well I have a thing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    and the Gamo's...well I have a thing for them.
    As do I after acquiring a Vipermax a couple of years ago and treating it to a tune a few months ago. Very impressive. Well finished internals, very light 25mm piston. Makes power very easily with its long stroke and accurate. The trigger will never be the best, but it's usable and you get used to it. Welsh Willy guides removed rhe horrendous standard twang and it's most refined now.

Would like to get my hands on a rotary breech underlever, too, and I'll be snapping up any cheap ones that come my way in the future.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Hi Chaps,

I am looking to buy a rifle to mess about with as I have finally cleared a room and space for a bench, sights need not be with the gun as I will scope it up and the only criteria is that it is mostly complete preferably working. I have a long wish list of rifles and a realistic expectation of what a cheap gun would look like. If anyone has one of the following rifles for sale at a reasonable (cheapish) price and would be willing to post I would be interested in any of the following especially in .177...

Webley Hawk Mk3
    Webley Vulcan
    Webley C1 (I wish!)
    BSA Supersport… the carbine is a great little rifle
    Gamo 440 (Walnut effect stock)
    Gamo CFX..

Thanks in advance Guys I am in the Lancashire area and could pic up if local ish to save the hassle of postage.
    The Hawk Mk3 is not a bad gun to tinker with-------------and as they are so unloved and you do not need sights, should be quite cheap. A Vulcan is more or less a Hawk Mk 3 with a bigger diameter piston and a different piston washer.
    With the Hawk, fit a Meteor mainspring, and sort out a guide, remove the safety catch and the sear spring and fit the sear spring off a Victor. I quite like one O ring in the front groove of the piston and leave the Ptfe ring in the back groove. On an Osprey, I found with fitting 2 O rings that one pressurised the other and the gun would get warm and power would drop right down---hence the 1 O ring and 1 ptfe ring.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

You will indeed struggle to find a C1 in the U.K. in .177”.

The Vulcan, C1, and Supersport weren’t quite “crappy”. They were just average, at the time. I personally do not much like the C1, though many do, but I do like my Xocet (which is a Vulcan/Excel in a much better stock) and the Birmingham-made Supersport.

TonyL I had a similar experience with a Gamo 440 that despite the twang could shoot very consistently and was a great rifle. I sadly sold it but would like to find another one and fit a welsh willy trigger which is sat here in readiness! They are very underated in my opinion and even the little Sniper is a great gun.

The C1 probably is too rare for my wallet as would be most decent rifles but I do like to plink and mess about with them so at least I know I am not harming the value of any gun I touch.

Thanks to IJ just picked up a nice looking Vulcan MK1 in .177.... not fired it yet but very happy, thank you IJ.

Still on the market for a carbine from the 70' 80's.

Thanks Guys.

I have a nice Anschutz 335 Magnum in .177 in the sales section... it's comparably sized and weighted to the Vulcan but has a barrel lock and a better trigger, in fact most things about it is better than the Vulcan, and Iove Vulcans!
    It could do with new guides and spring, but apart from that it's a nice looking gun. It will come fitted with a new PE seal but will include the leather seal as well.
    Donald

Thanks to IJ just picked up a nice looking Vulcan MK1 in .177.... not fired it yet but very happy, thank you IJ.

Still on the market for a carbine from the 70' 80's.

Thanks Guys.
    Pleasure doing business with you. You know where the indoor range is now and your welcome to come up at shoot at any meeting.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks Ian, very kind of you and nice to meet you. I am loving the Webley It will look good on the rack now I just need to find another short carbine/rifle of the same era so that they can go on the wall.

😉 Annie 335
    Donald

Thanks Ian, very kind of you and nice to meet you. I am loving the Webley It will look good on the rack now I just need to find another short carbine/rifle of the same era so that they can go on the wall.
    I still have my tracker deluxe. Was sold but the guy never followed through on the bank transfer. I am looking for £200+post though as its in very good condition and rare to find these days coming up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    As do I after acquiring a Vipermax a couple of years ago and treating it to a tune a few months ago. Very impressive. Well finished internals, very light 25mm piston. Makes power very easily with its long stroke and accurate. The trigger will never be the best, but it's usable and you get used to it. Welsh Willy guides removed rhe horrendous standard twang and it's most refined now.

Would like to get my hands on a rotary breech underlever, too, and I'll be snapping up any cheap ones that come my way in the future.
    I have a tidy bsa superstar in. 177cal. But id be looking at £200+postage for it. Its the mk1 superstar also

The rifles sound really nice Wilba especially the Supersport but my budget wont stretch that far! I am sure that they are worth every penny but I have been looking for cheaper options that wont be ruined if I tinker with them.