Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington Express .177 thoughts?

Remington Express .177 thoughts?

Hi

I wondered if anyone had a Remington Express in .177 and what you thought of it? Its hard to get a true opinion from magazines. Also I believe there may be a carbine version? Has anyone ever tuned one of these? I am pretty taken by the stock and general look and for the money...

I understand that they are made in China etc etc and to me that is not a problem, I would just like an honest opinion and if tuning kits or tips are available that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Generally all pretty positive, Carl.

Shame you're not at The Boinger Bash tomorrow as I think Lyn Lewington's going to be there again with a selection of tuned ones.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I will have to try and go to one of those. Is that Welsh Willy? I will google it to see if he does stuff for them. Pellpax actually sell a Compact version which is the carbine.

Gamocfx,

A friend got one for his grandson.

While setting it up, we gave it a serious 'exercising', and I was quite impressed

I thought they were very good value for money.

I fact, I am seriously tempted to get one for myself

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

They seem to get good reviews, thanks for the confirmation Russ

I have one and I am pretty impressed with it, certainly value for money

I had the xp in .22 I loved it. Sold it to put towards a Walther but it did the job for me. As others have said great value for money.
    "Patron Saint of Righteous Rage for the voiceless outcast"

I rocks a Walther

Dont get it confused with the Express Compact version, which is a smaller & lower power.
    There are Tune kits available & it takes a standard 28mm Diana piston seal.
    Venoman (Lyn Lewington) did some brass aftermarket replacement triggers which are impressive.
    The OEM trigger can be improved by removing a couple of washers from under the forward adjustment screw.
    There are some newer vesions that include a thumbhole ambi stock and an underlever variation

I’ve owned one for about five years. Never had it in bits in that time, which is unusual as I pull everything apart within a fortnight. It still shoots nice with no twang and no grating or grinding when cocking. It’s as accurate as I am. The trigger isn’t a Rekord but is OK.
    The only fault for some is the LOP, so shoulder one first , as the length between butt and trigger can be too long for some.
    The carbine version from the factory is a different beast from the full length. Not only have they cut the stock shorter, the cylinder is shorter as well, so lower power output. The one Lyn does has the barrel carbined on a full length model along with a set-back trigger to help with the LOP problem.
    Also the moderator on the XP version by all accounts is useless. It is also bonded to a very rough finish so has to be destroyed to remove. Or needs cutting off with the barrel and re-crowning.
    Other than that, well worth the money.

I bought one from matty1987 on here .
    Absolutely fantastic . I think that he'd given it a little polish and fettled the trigger to be like the Rekord one.
    Not sure if the carbine one has a little less power than the full length .
    Venoman , Lyn lewington does some excellent work on them .
    Google ARC air rifle tuning .
    Last edited by Alakar; 01-06-2019 at 11:02 AM.

This forum is awesome. I have read lots of articles/peoples reviews and never realised that the carbine was so different! I don't live anywhere near a gunshop to look at stuff so this really is good to know. As is an underlever version! Thanks Guys I will keep reading before I order one.

Ur not far from macavoys at standish or bamfords in eccleston

Thumbs up Express

Got one in .22 and Lyns setback triggers made a big difference in mine. I've polished the sears up and the break is now clean and much lighter. Polished the insides and now just need the time to put some lead through it. I have long arms and it fits but it's not a petite gun. Oh and the rubber butt plate stinks like a fresh tyre every time I open the slip. Worth the £50 I paid for it

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    This forum is awesome. I have read lots of articles/peoples reviews and never realised that the carbine was so different! I don't live anywhere near a gunshop to look at stuff so this really is good to know. As is an underlever version! Thanks Guys I will keep reading before I order one.
    Don't even go there on the underlever version. It isn't an Express. It's basically a QB36-2 made by SAG. This was the rifle that SMK use to import and sell as the XS36-2. The Express is made by BAM and is a sort of mixture of the B25 and B26. They are totally different rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Oh and the rubber butt plate stinks like a fresh tyre every time I open the slip.
    Not just mine then
    Not good when you keep it in the bedroom