Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite Diana airgun old or new ?

Dianass

Aye that's what happens when you multi task without you're reading glasses.
    And regrettably I'm in North Wales and dramless

Pre-war mod 27 rifle and mod 5 pistol. Awesome little airguns

I would like to own a D460, 440 or 340 but the plastic end blocks on the current Diana's underlever rifles puts me off buying one.

The Original 45 and Diana 52 are classic designs that tick the boxes for me.
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I Don't think that any other airgun manufacture has ever given the airgun world so much choice over the years what ever you think of the new Diana company.

Anyone got a favourite
    I have wanted a mod 58 for a long time, but it eludes me
    Favourite is any one of the giss types.
    I love my mod 6m and the Mod 75

For me, my Diana 48 Black Pro. Heavy old lump, but I can handle it.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    I would like to own a D460, 440 or 340 but the plastic end blocks on the current Diana's underlever rifles puts me off buying one.

The Original 45 and Diana 52 are classic designs that tick the boxes for me.
    Hi I was just wondering what you mean by plastic back block, do you mean the plastic trigger sleeve as the end block is the metal trigger case and is exactly the same on the 52 also the 45 has a plastic block and safety.
    The new diana's do have plastic trigger guards but its very inexpensive to replace with a old type

once you could get metal trigger sleeve replacements

I Don't think that any other airgun manufacture has ever given the airgun world so much choice over the years what ever you think of the new Diana company.

Anyone got a favourite
    31 Compact with V Mach kit fitted 👍
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Hi I was just wondering what you mean by plastic back block, do you mean the plastic trigger sleeve as the end block is the metal trigger case and is exactly the same on the 52 also the 45 has a plastic block and safety.
    The new diana's do have plastic trigger guards but its very inexpensive to replace with a old type

once you could get metal trigger sleeve replacements

Hi Barry

I didn't make myself very clear did I, or even think I got the numbers right for the Diana models I was referring to ?

It's the grp underlever retaining block on the Diana models I was thinking about.

A metal casting would be better imo and it's not even like you can get an after market replacement unit, something along the lines of a V Mach muzzle race/silencer.

Diana are on par with Weihrauch in many ways but then fail, in the too many plastic parts department.

Atb

John.s
    Hw77+7

Back in the 60's my first ever air rifle was an Original Model 22 and although I was besotted with it, on the reverse side of the instructions, which I've somehow managed to keep to this day, were also those for the Model 50. Unfortunately by that age I no longer believed in Father Christmas, so I knew the chances of me having a second air rifle of any description, let alone that lusted after 50, were zero.

Almost 50 years later a friend learned of my yearning for that Original 50 and casually said they knew of one - would I like to have a shoot with it ? Wow, I couldn't wait. When it came, I could see it had not exactly been cherished, but superficial beauty is only skin (or bluing) deep, so I was still keen to pick it up, admire the sleek stock, even it had been liberally splashed with emulsion paint and at long last, have a shoot with one. It sounded a little rough on cocking, but that was nothing compared to the angry noise that came each time the trigger was pulled and the not-so-original spring discovered it's fight for freedom was yet again being denied. After a dozen or so shots I couldn't go on torturing it any more and gave it back.

Afterwards I realised I needed some serious therapy to get over the disappointment.
    Should I try and find a 50 to buy in good condition, or get one similar to that to restore ? Nah, I did the only sensible thing for anyone lusting after a beautiful under lever - I went out and bought an AA prosport

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    I did the only sensible thing for anyone lusting after a beautiful under lever - I went out and bought an AA prosport
    Well done that man

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Remington express, okay I know it's not a Diana but I've had two Diana now and neither of them shot as nice as a fettled remmy and the trigger on the express is much better once you mod the blade and they do have the same barrel breech lock up as a Diana.

Hi Barry

I didn't make myself very clear did I, or even think I got the numbers right for the Diana models I was referring to ?

It's the grp underlever retaining block on the Diana models I was thinking about.

A metal casting would be better imo and it's not even like you can get an after market replacement unit, something along the lines of a V Mach muzzle race/silencer.

Diana are on par with Weihrauch in many ways but then fail, in the too many plastic parts department.

Atb

John.s
    Have you seen the new 430L they have finally got rid of that plastic front sight unit

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/spr...0l-combo-.177/

Only thing is I like open sights but lots of options if you don't it only one screw to remove, here is a pic of a home made job for a 460.

If anyone has any ideas on a custom open sight unit please post

$269.99 for a D430L USA discounted price

Now if they were priced like that in the UK, they would out sell the Tx200, LGU and all the variants HW offer, all lumped together.

There is a Diana rifle model I would really like to get my hands on.

And that would be, the Webley Eclipse clone Diana brought out, with the flip up loading port.

Which model was that ? I can't remember but would have to be carbine model of course ;-)

I've seen pictures of your 460 before Barry and now see how you did it, that is a TX200 ball catch retaining block isn't it ?
    Hw77+7

And that would be, the Webley Eclipse clone Diana brought out, with the flip up loading port.

Which model was that ? I can't remember but would have to be carbine model of course ;-)
    Diana 46. Available in rifle, carbine and stutzen versions.

I don't think that you would like the model 46 as its still got the very same front sight unit on it, why Diana like that unit is a mystery LOL that model was out before the modern cost cutting started, perhaps for weight reasons, anyway I don't like it but it can be modified to be acceptable.