Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite Diana airgun old or new ?

Diana Model 0 [nought]
    Paul

Mod.66, it's just such a lovely solution to the recoil "problem", beautifully executed.

Mod.22 Milbro variant. It's a beast, and for stamping the DoM on the butt, genius!

Diana Firebird 52 and the 54 recoilless.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Favourite one I own is a 1950s or early 60s 35. Really nice wood. Completely standard, but the period details (eg the metal sights) are charming, and it’s nice to shoot as well as look at.

Other favourites would be almost any of the Giss guns, esp the 10, 66, 75.

The 27 in any form is very nice.

Always wanted a 1950s 50 with the fancy stock and aperture sight.

The 50 never really earned it,s keep, the 35 is good but heavy and quite pellet fussy - it also lacks power considering it's size/weight - best thing from this particular stable has to be the 45 - still keep up with anything modern.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Haven't we had this one before Barry

Pete
    I expect we have had almost all the threads on the forum before Pete, but we sometimes learn new each time, like tinbum cant tune a 34 like SFS and others perhaps if he could he might not be so hateful of Diana's LOL
    Have you seen the the SFS 34 tune? fancy having a Anniversary model like that

The pre war Diana 30 - a lovely little rifle that resembles the Mauser K98k

John

My brother's Airgunaid tuned Diana G80.

The Airgunaid G80 being the first tuned Airgun available off the shelf.

I have a SFS tuned 280k which is just gorgeous to look at and to shoot.

I had the LP8 Magnum which was just awful.

I had a 52, brand new in the 80's. That was a very well made and accurate rifle.
    Last edited by Inspector 71; 27-05-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I expect we have had almost all the threads on the forum before Pete, but we sometimes learn new each time, like tinbum cant tune a 34 like SFS and others perhaps if he could he might not be so hateful of Diana's LOL
    Have you seen the the SFS 34 tune? fancy having a Anniversary model like that
    A SFS tune does take some beating, I always found it was almost cheaper and definitely better to send it to SFS in the earlier days (when he used to charge £45 for a stage one tune) as even with a fancy tuning kit, you could still never get a rifle to shoot as nice a SFS tune.

Now you're just teasing (like I am with you with your threads)) regarding a tuned 34 Anniversary, that would be nice, I'm tempted to buy a 34 Premium but then they don't look that much different than a BSA Challenger (in my eyes anyway) but where the Anniversary had the graceful walnut stock and other niceties, then that would be worth getting, if one ever turns up

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I could definitely fancy adding a 5 or 6 pistol to my collection.

And a 66.

And a Model 50. Maybe not a powerhouse, but a most elegant and solid rifle combining precision and old school charm.

The nicest sporting Diana I've ever tried was a Wonky Donky tuned 280.....beautiful!

I once owned an Original 45. Late 80s it was. Almost new and bought from an ad in a local free paper. Got it very cheap. It exhibited, very possibly, the worst firing cycle I'd ever experienced. Extremely twangy and very harsh. One of the chaps at the club fancied it and offered me a fair whack more than I'd given for it so it went to live elsewhere and I wasn't tempted to look at anything else from the stable for a long time.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Dave Diana

Hmm. Not sure I could pin it down to one as I've had reasonably good experience of a number of them.
    The Original 45 was and still is a pretty good class act. As mentioned above it will give many modern guns a run for the money. I've enjoyed hunting and plinking with the Original and RWS variants in both calibres and if tweaked it's a lovely rifle for hunting if not a tad unwieldy in hides and woodland spots.
    I picked up a 240k a short time ago and have been very impressed with that and ironically also picked up a HW99 shortly after simply as it was the right price and right time. The 240 compares more than favourably to the 99 and feels better on aim and is more than equal on accuracy.
    Currently I'm more than liking an Airking in .25 calibre which I'm actually out with as I reply here. Unfortunately the squirrels don't appear to be playing ball tonight. This gun shoots sweet and I can only imagine that a 25mm (or whatever) piston conversion on one is better again.
    I'd struggle to say my favourite to be honest as I'm blessed with owning more than a few of them and I use them in rotation as the mood takes me. Hence I took a lot of squirrels last year with a 50T01. And that was a nostalgia trip the squirrels playing a leading part in
    Dave

Diana

By the way the above reply was meant to be entitled "Fave Diana" but auto correct took over!
    But if I ever change my user name I may actually choose that
    Dave

Diana

Apologies. Just to clarify I meant to refer to the 280k rather than 240 in the reply above.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Apologies. Just to clarify I meant to refer to the 280k rather than 240 in the reply above.
    Dave
    Crikey Dave, you've lost it. I prescribe a large dram.
    I'll try to remain calm while stating models 27, 45, 50, 66 and 75 are amongst my own favourites. In fact, I'll go as far as saying that their amongst the very best spring airguns period. Just my opinion.