Thread: GunTuff Two Piece Reach Forward / Backward 1" Tube 56mm Mount, any good?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

GunTuff Two Piece Reach Forward / Backward 1" Tube 56mm Mount, any good?

Hi all,

Anyone ever used a set of the GunTuff Two Piece Reach Forward / Backward 1" Tube 56mm Mounts which are on our sponsors sight,

https://www.jsramsbottom.com/guntuff...-3-8-rail.html

I'm needing a bit more eye relief with my new Panamax scope on my Prosport, I've been using a one piece mounts for years and the Bushnell I was using had loads of tube to be able to pull the scope back for perfect eye relief, the Panamax doesn't and I've still got to crank my head forward a little to get a perfect site picture, which I don't like doing.

So has anyone used the above mounts on a springer? or should I just stick to the Sportsmatch ones?

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

The thing with Reach forward/back mounts is that the slightest micro error in manufacture is magnified along the length of throw.
    At £8 these are going to be pumped out by a Chinese factory probably without a single quality check.

Personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole,
    the quality of the mount is arguably more important than the quality of the scope, if it's not utterly perfect then it's going to induce error to every scope on the market.

Buy the very best mounts you can afford.
    Last edited by angrybear; 26-05-2019 at 10:35 AM.

I bought a set of hawk 2" reach forward mounts for a 30mmscope i had once and they were good quality.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I forgot I had a set of Sportsmatch reach back mounts on a scope I had on my Brocock Indy, so I've used them on the Prosport and ordered the above set for the Indy, as it doesn't get used much.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I have a set of these and in terms of alignment they are good. What is slightly off putting is that they are not split at the half way point in the circle of the mount so the top sections need pushing / clipping on to the scope - which did not damage the finish on my scope but felt that it might do....

Overall they work fine - was fitted on to my Hatty 55 where the dovetail does not extend back far enough for the scope I was mounting.

Frog