Thread: Hurricane Beeman Target grips

Hurricane Beeman Target grips

Picked these up recently for my Hurricane, I understand Beeman made them for a while.
    They’re stable as a table and I think are in proportion with the rest of the pistol.
    Got a respectable 2nd place at the monthly Pistol HFT Comp with it. (Open sights)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I’m chuffed to have found some, do they come up very often? Not sure what wood they are.

Cheers,
    Matt.
    Last edited by ptdunk; 02-06-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Nice

Those are really rare.

More info here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/amer...ory-t7534.html

Here's a Tempest with 'Beeman' grips:

I've been recording these grips in the gallery and discovered that in the 1981 Beeman catalogue there was mention of rosewood custom grips for the Tempest and Hurricane but not of the rosewood match grip with adjustable palm shelf, which presumably came later, unless I've missed it. So the basic grips must have sold well enough for the range of grips to be extended, I would have thought? Somewhere I have a 1985 Beeman catalogue but can't lay my hands on it at the minute.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I believe Beeman first offered wood (Gordon Bruce says walnut) grips of fairly similar style to the factory plastic ones.

He later offered the finger-groove style in troubledshooter’s pic, sold (faintly ludicrously) as “combat” grips. My guess is that the target grip was offered around the same time, as it appears similar in material and brass fixing. I have only seen photos on them in three cases - here just now, Mike Driskill’s gun in the AVA thread I mentioned above, and Danny’s gallery (and the original US collector’s blog where he found his pic).

For completeness, from March 1987, Webley offered optional wood-effect brown plastic grips.

Google is your friend

Update. A Tempest with the finger-groove “combat” grips graces the front cover of the 1990-91 Beeman Precision Airgun Guide.

They look great and I'm sure they greatly uplift the handling and on-hold characteristics.

I suspect a trigger shoe would improve overall performance.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    They look great and I'm sure they greatly uplift the handling and on-hold characteristics.

I suspect a trigger shoe would improve overall performance.
    The later wider trigger is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    The later wider trigger is an improvement.
    David I've put a pic of your grips on the 88-89 Beeman catalogue cover in the gallery entry on these grips.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-pistol-grips/
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.