Thread: Wischo KG = Wischo L50?

Wischo KG = Wischo L50?

This appears at first glance to be a BSF S-20, but further examination reveals that it is not.
    There is no "S-20" markings on it anywhere, only "Wischo KG", along with the "Wilsker & Co." importer marking.
    It clearly does not have the characteristic double impressed rings at the breech, and the trigger mechanism does not protrude from the rear of the wood stock. There is only one retaining pin for the rear plug.
    Overall length is ~ 12.625", and the barrel is ~ 6.0" long.
    I have not been able to find any pics of a similar pistol online, (perhaps I am using the wrong search criteria?), but it does not resemble any S-20 pics that I have seen.
    I found the reference to the Wischo L50 in The Encyclopedia of Spring Air Pistols, but unfortunately, there was no pic of the gun, but based on the written description, I am wondering if the "KG" was a rebadged version of the L50.

https://vintageairgunsgallery.com/image/4j8Fh

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Len, I am pretty sure that your pistol is the same as the one discussed in a previous thread on this forum: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ghlight=wischo, and most probably is the one advertised as the Wischo L50 in the 1956 Gecko catalogue. I have a photocopy of this catalogue but the quality of the line drawing is poor and not much use for finer identification purposes, but it does depict the same overall appearance of your gun. The much better illustration of an unbranded pistol shown in a 1953 Burgo catalogue (see the aforementioned thread) looks exactly like your gun.

Bottom line: a nice find from the early days of BSF guns, and one that most collectors would not have spotted.
    Well done!

John

Thank you for the info, John.
    Very much appreciated.