Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feinwerkbau 80 target air pistol

Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    Oops I apologise... will wait for the sales thread 😬
    Sorry Can't sell this FWB 80. I took it to the club to give it a real test, after quite a few shots the anti-bear trap stopped the cocking arm being returned to shooting position, I suspect that the sear is sticking and failing to hold the piston in the cocked position causing the anti-bear trap system to operate, after much gigging around with the cocking lever it was possible to cock the pistol and get the cocking back into its firing position and fire the air pistol, this happened several time during the evening, I suspect the cause is the sear is sticking because it has not been used for around twenty years and the grease has congealed.
    So it can’t be sold with this defect, it up to my mate to decide what his next move is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    Sorry Can't sell this FWB 80. I took it to the club to give it a real test, after quite a few shots the anti-bear trap stopped the cocking arm being returned to shooting position, I suspect that the sear is sticking and failing to hold the piston in the cocked position causing the anti-bear trap system to operate, after much gigging around with the cocking lever it was possible to cock the pistol and get the cocking back into its firing position and fire the air pistol, this happened several time during the evening, I suspect the cause is the sear is sticking because it has not been used for around twenty years and the grease has congealed.
    So it can’t be sold with this defect, it up to my mate to decide what his next move is.
    Hi. All
    It was decided to strip clean, re-ring the piston, re-spring, reseal and re-lubricate the FWB 80 I have order the original manufactures parts from Waffencenter Gotha Gbr. who were very helpful and communicate with me by e-mail in English which was a huge advantage, and they knew what they were talking about.
    These are the parts I have ordered:
    This is what I have got coming.
    1 tube of the FWB lubricant they recommend for the pistol.
    1 Green Seal (the latest material)
    1 Black damper (latest material)
    1 Green piston Buffer (Latest material)
    1 Piston ring
    1 Piston Spring Second Version.
    DHL have just E-mailed me informing me the parts will be delivered a midday. I ordered them four days ago.
    They also stock a large range of spares for European including Russian and other air guns listed below:
    https://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/shop/ ... 2_614.html
    ANSCHÜTZ
    BAIKAL Russia
    BONNA
    BROWNING
    CZ Ceská Zbrojovka
    DIANA
    FALCON
    FEINWERKBAU
    GAMO
    HAENEL
    HÄMMERLI
    MARS
    MUELLER-BLITZ
    NORCONIA
    NORICA
    ORIGINAL
    ORIGINAL "JUNG ROLAND" (Hubertus Metallwerke "Schlüter and Son" Mölln)
    PERFECTA
    PREDOM-LUCZNIK
    RUGER
    Stoeger
    TELL
    UMAREX
    WALTHER
    INCENSE
    Regards Fronteria.

My mate has a recoilless side lever Feinwerkbau 80 target air pistol in it’s original case complete with all of the tools that were supplied with it when it was original purchased by him when it was new.
    The pistol in as new condition.
    What is it worth as he is looking to sell it.
    If anyone is interested I can probably get photographs of it.
    Photographs Here:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/fronte...57708975307536
    Hi. All
    After using this Feinwerkbau 80 target air pistol quite a few times the anti-bear trap system started to jam and eventually made it impossible to complete the loading cycle.
    So I have had to strip the pistol down to rectify the problem whilst I had it apart the recoil system was found to be seized up, as the sliding components were seized onto the rails, so I striped the pistol down the the bare frame after a struggle to get the seized sliding components out as the rails were also seized in the frame.
    After cleaning and freeing the seized components up, I replaced the seals, buffers, piston ring and both the springs, I used Feinwerkbau special grease to lubricate all the components during the rebuild process.
    I have now tested the FWB80 after the rebuild and everything is working correctly, I cant say the striping and rebuild were easy, but I would say it was more of a fiddly job than a complicated one, there are no YouTube videos to help you with the repair of the FWB80 they are all about the FWB65 which uses the same seals and buffers but the firing mechanics are very different, so if you try to repair your FWB80 take plenty of clear photographs as you take it apart, as you will need them to get it back together again.
    Regards Fronteria

The parts have arrived from Germany these are a complete set of latest genuine FWB seals, Buffers, damper and a Piston ring, new springs and two tubes of FWB special grease.
    On striping the pistol, the slides on the recoilless system were stuck so the system couldn't have worked, this had to be freed up before the pistol could be striped as it has to be moved to get access to some of the E clips to be removed.
    The spring was removed after further striping, had a fair bit of preload so I had to use a sash clamp to remove the end cap.
    The trigger components are quite complicated so it was photographed at each stage.
    On cleaning and inspecting the parts the seals were worn but complete, the buffer was still serviceable but was going to be replace anyway.
    The small damper had failed and was like the consistency of cheese as expected, this was replaced with the latest one made from the more durable black material.
    The springs were an inch shorter than the new ones which I was going to replace anyway.
    The rebuild is underway I have got to make two dummy pins before I can rebuild the trigger set which is the next job.
    If you are interested there are a couple of new photographs of the original seals, buffer and damper, and the new seals buffer and damper fitted to the slide and piston.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/fronteria ... 8975307536
    Rebuild including re-lubrication complete, the pistol is now operating correctly.
    Chronograph results below:
    Foot Per Second 429.6 Foot Lbs. Energy 3.57
    This is the average over 5 shots with pellet weight 8.7 grs.
    Bisley Pest Control Pellets used for test.
    Variation over 5 shots 6 feet per second.
    Target shot with it whilst adjusting the sights by another member of the club.
    What is it valued at now?

£200-300!
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training, DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching
    Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    Oops I apologise... will wait for the sales thread 😬
    Sold To Protek Supplies.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Sold To Protek Supplies.
    Why bother telling us, when you never started a sales thread...?