Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LP50 or LP5 wanted !

LP50 or LP5 wanted !

Following Nige's visit to RMTC this Tuesday evening the following request is a bit predictable I suppose!

If anyone has an LP5 or an LP50 they would like to sell at a reasonable price, please contact me by PM or email as we hope to be adding some rapid fire disciplines to our club in the near future and it would appear that one of these two types would be a good choice for us to use.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Following Nige's visit to RMTC this Tuesday evening the following request is a bit predictable I suppose!

If anyone has an LP5 or an LP50 they would like to sell at a reasonable price, please contact me by PM or email as we hope to be adding some rapid fire disciplines to our club in the near future and it would appear that one of these two types would be a good choice for us to use.
    you are allowing them now..?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Five shots

The Home Office designated them officially as not semi auto some time ago, they are now officially allowed (again!), Its on the NSRA website some where, I think they were designated as some form of self indexing, not semi auto, so eventually common sense ruled.

Well, at least until some other brain dead jobsworth tries again!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

B.A.R. had one the last time I was over.

I would have thought you should master the one shot, slow fire, first.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by craig9mm View Post
    actually meant for Zooma as they werent allowed at Rossendale Club.
    Sorry I missed you at Rossendale .Would have been nice to chat and get some instruction
    Did you leave any of your books?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

fives

Thanks Craig

Don't know before, but certainly they now know what they are missing, and are very keen!

The NSRA has my book on its online shop which is the easiest way to get one.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Craig - you know that we never had any facilities for rapid fire but our new range updates make this a possibility that we are now seriously considering.

If we can find a couple of LP50 or LP5 pistols to use then we will add turning target facilities to our range.

I will let you know what progress we make - but first we need to find some suitable pistols to use!
    Last edited by zooma; 01-06-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Craig - you know that we never had any facilities for rapid fire but our new range updates make this a possibility that we are now seriously considering.

If we can find a couple of LP50 or LP5 pistols to use then we will add turning target facilities to our range.

I will let you know what progress we make - but first we need to find some suitable pistols to use!
    Im not particularly into rapid it just that I started with a 22 semi auto and just prefer magazine guns instead of the tiresome single shot
    Altho I think my old LP10 had a better trigger I can live with that
    Can one use an LP50 at yours slow fire?

Im not particularly into rapid it just that I started with a 22 semi auto and just prefer magazine guns instead of the tiresome single shot
    Altho I think my old LP10 had a better trigger I can live with that
    Can one use an LP50 at yours slow fire?
    Both the LP5 & 50 can be used for single shot precision, There is a single shot mag available to also use for competition,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

We don’t have any members who own a multi-shot pistol yet, but the controlled and disciplined use of one should not be a problem for us to accommodate
    Last edited by zooma; 01-06-2019 at 11:21 AM.

5/50 Steyrs are excellent.

But if you are a lazy shooter like me they make you a worse shot.
    In that you think.. I will get it with the next shot!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    5/50 Steyrs are excellent.

But if you are a lazy shooter like me they make you a worse shot.
    In that you think.. I will get it with the next shot!
    ok to call up next week,Tues night,dust off my LP50?

Yes no problem for single shot use - we don’t have any turning targets set up yet.

After we have found a couple of LP50’s we will be looking at making and installing some.

Bob.

Sorry you did not turn up Craig, we prepared and made a lane (lane 4) available for you so you could shoot your LP50 with us last night - but sadly you did not arrive.

What did arrive last night however, was our first LP5 - and it is a real beaut! It would have been nice to compare it with your LP50 to see what the differences are, but this one shot really well and has a superb trigger.

Now we are looking for at least one more LP5 or LP50 so we can get start shooting them on a dedicated turning target system that we will install once we have a second LP5/50. We would like to find a third pistol too, so let's hope some more turn up fairly soon.

Please check before travelling for any future visit as we are current getting close to our "comfortable capacity" and may not be able to accommodate you without notice as all lanes are currently booked and we have none available over the next few weeks.

One of our HARO target changers also failed last night (lane 2) so after waiting for you to arrive (and realised that you probably would not be coming) we switched Spencer over to lane 4 so it all worked out well for us in the end and nobody missed any shooting last night.

If you PM your mobile number to me, I can let you know if we have any cancellations or "no shows" in the future and have a lane available for you.
    Last edited by zooma; 05-06-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Sorry you did not turn up Craig, we prepared and made a lane (lane 4) available for you so you could shoot your LP50 with us last night - but sadly you did not arrive.

What did arrive last night however, was our first LP5 - and it is a real beaut! It would have been nice to compare it with your LP50 to see what the differences are, but this one shot really well and has a superb trigger.

Now we are looking for at least one more LP5 or LP50 so we can get start shooting them on a dedicated turning target system that we will install once we have a second LP5/50. We would like to find a third pistol too, so let's hope some more turn up fairly soon.

Please check before travelling for any future visit as we are current getting close to our "comfortable capacity" and may not be able to accommodate you without notice as all lanes are currently booked and we have none available over the next few weeks.

One of our HARO target changers also failed last night (lane 2) so after waiting for you to arrive (and realised that you probably would not be coming) we switched Spencer over to lane 4 so it all worked out well for us in the end and nobody missed any shooting last night.

If you PM your mobile number to me, I can let you know if we have any cancellations or "no shows" in the future and have a lane available for you.
    sorry a 90 year old mother gets to be v demanding,prime time with her is 8.30 10pm which makes social life unpredictable
    Ive packed in my full time membership at Altrincham because of this
    I'll pm now