Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LP50 or LP5 wanted !

Quote Originally Posted by craig9mm View Post
    sorry a 90 year old mother gets to be v demanding,prime time with her is 8.30 10pm which makes social life unpredictable
    Ive packed in my full time membership at Altrincham because of this
    I'll pm now
    My Mum is 92 Craig so I do understand !

I will let you have my mobile number so you can give me a text when you can get away on a Tuesday or Thursday evening and I will check to see if we have a lane free for you that night and reserve it for you if we have.

If not, it will save you a wasted journey so it should work well - and we would still like to see you ( and your LP50 )!

Please let me have your mobile number in your PM message and we can stay in touch.

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

How about a CO2 powered LP5

We would also be interested in a CO2 powered LP5 if anyone has one they would consider selling.

The LP5 was CO2 powered, when it was later made available in PCP form it became known as the LP5P.

As we would be more than happy to shoot CO2 or PCP our wanted list should read:-

Wanted - LP5, LP5P, or LP50.

Please send me a PM if you know of any of these three types for sale - we could even consider non-shooters that need a repair at the right price!

Thanks - Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Both the LP5 & 50 can be used for single shot precision, There is a single shot mag available to also use for competition,
    When using the "single shot" mag - do you have to remove the magazine to refill it after every shot - or does it just slide to the left after firing the pellet allowing it to be reloaded in situ?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    When using the "single shot" mag - do you have to remove the magazine to refill it after every shot - or does it just slide to the left after firing the pellet allowing it to be reloaded in situ?
    it pops out

it pops out
    Ah yes - I forgot that you told me you have just bought a single shot mag for your LP50.

If the mag pops out to the side like the 5 shot mag does after the shot has been fired, I am guessing that the pellet can be loaded into the mag (while it is still in the pistol) without having to take the magazine out of the pistol - much better - it would be a real hassle to have to remove the mag after every shot just to reload a single pellet each time!

Do you still have your LP5 as well as your LP50 Craig?

If you do, and both are "full length"pistols (not the short versions) can you let me know how much shorter the LP5 is than the LP50 please?

As a matter of interest, we will have lane 2 available next Tuesday evening. If you find yourself free and able to come to the club, please let me know by text if you can make it.

Lp5 is in Spain at present,hope to ship it back as use LP10 there

Since I bought our first LP5 it has performed really well and has a superb trigger.

Paul has managed to find another LP5 in Ireland and has shipped it over ready to use on the club range tomorrow night.

This morning I found that during the night the first LP5 had dumped all of its air from a fully charged cylinder. Luckily I had a spare seal that came with my LP2 so I fitted that and (so far) all appears to be OK with no more air loss!

Looks like we may have our first LP50 joining us soon......

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Ah yes - I forgot that you told me you have just bought a single shot mag for your LP50.

If the mag pops out to the side like the 5 shot mag does after the shot has been fired, I am guessing that the pellet can be loaded into the mag (while it is still in the pistol) without having to take the magazine out of the pistol - much better - it would be a real hassle to have to remove the mag after every shot just to reload a single pellet each time!

Do you still have your LP5 as well as your LP50 Craig?

If you do, and both are "full length"pistols (not the short versions) can you let me know how much shorter the LP5 is than the LP50 please?

As a matter of interest, we will have lane 2 available next Tuesday evening. If you find yourself free and able to come to the club, please let me know by text if you can make it.
    from memory Bob, The LP5 is approx 22mm shorter that the Lp50 (the difference is all in the barrel length)
    cheers Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Barrel length LP5, LP50, Compact 50.

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    from memory Bob, The LP5 is approx 22mm shorter that the Lp50 (the difference is all in the barrel length)
    cheers Nige

Thanks Nige,

That is interesting as it means that there are three different lengths of Steyr five shot air pistols to choose from.

The longest being the LP50 then the middle sized LP5 with the shortest length being the LP50 Compact.

Presumably it would be possible to screw any of the three lengths of barrel onto any of these pistols - so there is a lot of choice!

I am really pleased with my LP5 and with it being the middle size it represents a fair compromise.

Hopefully we will get the chance to sample the longer LP50 and the Compact 50 at some time so we can see if it makes any real difference.

.......and then of course we also have the electronic trigger "E" version of the LP50 and Compact 50 to try too, although these have not been made since 2012 and Steyr UK have advised me that there are no plans to make them again.

my Lp50 is a compact,Ive shot a 98 with my LP5 abroad,its repeating that score thats difficult...

my Lp50 is a compact,Ive shot a 98 with my LP5 abroad,its repeating that score thats difficult...
    Knowing that you have shot 98 ex 100 with your LP5 will give us lesser mortals in the RMTC something to try to emulate with ours - especially if you achieved it during two rapid fire 5 shot sequences!

Due to holidays we have a lane free next week on Tuesday and Thursday evening so if you are able to get away give me a text to let me know you are coming and we will get it set up for you!