Thread: Artemis PP700SA or Victory CP2 Multishot

Artemis PP700SA or Victory CP2 Multishot

What are your thoughts an opinions, looking for a pistol compact pistol with shoulder stock having just got back into shooting pistols again, already own lots of Co2 so that is a bonus and the addition of a PCP would require the purchase of a pump.

I've read the magazines are 'difficult on the victory however I enjoy shooting my other single shot pistols so is it as important having multi shot capabilities.
    We may dance with the devil, but its always to his tune.

BSA Meteor.22
    BSA Lightning .177 SFS 2-StageTrigger and Tune
    Walther CP88 .177
    Weihrauch HW40PCA .177
    Bruni Action Takedown .177 Project
    Weihrauch HW45 .177 dual power

I can only comment on the PP700SA as i own one, but have messed around with the CP1 for a few mins.
    I find the build quality of the PP to be moderate at best, as repeated teardown/rebuild of them will cause threads to strip,
    so for me being a tinkerer they do fall short in the quality department, but then they are a very cheap PCP pistol.
    My PP is in .22 and I cannot fault the accuracy however the regulator doesn't give much in the way of consistency when ran over a chrono.
    I plan on installing a HUMA regulator in the PP as that will definitely improve the consistency, but that increases the value by another 90 quid.

I did find the CP1 accurate and at some point I will own one (just waiting on the right deal).
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99

I use the PP800 in .177 and I have the SMK CP1 in .177 too.
    The CP1 is a nice pistol for the price but it doesn't have the multi-shot capability you are after though. I use three of them to teach young Cadets pistol target shooting as a sport.
    The PP800 has the multi-shot magazine and it is a 2 second job to remove the single shot tray and fit the magazine which is held in place by a small magnet. The same as the Victory PR900W. The PP800 has a very large grip and a long reach to the trigger though. Trigger weight is a little high also.
    There is a lot of wood on the grip to be able to take it down to one's own requirements and size if one has the time and skills to do so.

Not sure if all of this helps but I thought I'd let you know my thoughts...….

I'm not far from you and can let you play with a CP2 for a little while sometime next week if you want

Definitely the CP2, you have a much simpler design pistol and rifle combination, with multi shot capability. Great slide on stock design. Much easier to repair if any problems.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I have a CP2. Great value and well built. Multi-shot is a bit fiddly to load but then I am comparing with an HW100 :-) If you plan to tune it, be careful as if you tune it up in rifle spec, you could be in trouble due to being over power in pistol mode.

Of course, if you want to mod and tinker, maybe a Ratty is the way to go...BUT, you will end up spending a fortune as it is addictive! Better buy one already customised (unless the joy is in building it) as they can be broken and sold for more as parts than whole.

CP2 for me. Great little tool and loads of fun. Never had and issues with threads stripping so I can only assume that I tighten them to the correct setting.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk