Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HW 45 177 or 22

smooth

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Thanks Alan- in fact I bought a 22 and you're right it is much, much nicer to shoot. Amazingly accurate. The 2 177'sI've in the past were uncomfortable to shoot and I couldn't hit a barn door with them! I'm very happy with my 'new' 22
    Was gonna say that I put a Tinbum kit in my .22 hw45. It really changes the feel. You take out the metal spring guide and install two nylon spring guides. They also recommend shortening the spring a bit ,which I did. The pistol becomes smoother during the cocking and the shooting. You could check it out.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Thanks Alan- in fact I bought a 22 and you're right it is much, much nicer to shoot. Amazingly accurate. The 2 177'sI've in the past were uncomfortable to shoot and I couldn't hit a barn door with them! I'm very happy with my 'new' 22
    The other great feature was that smoke came out of the barrel on the first few shots of a session.

I bought a HW45 in .177 and couldn't hit a damn thing with it. I found it top heavy and somebody suggested at the club, I wind lots of elastic band around the grips to bulk then up a bit. I couldn't do that as it would look dreadful, so bought some chunky Walnut grips and that improved it a lot. It was a lot better but still not as good as I wanted. After speaking to Nick of TbT I sent it to him for him to work his magic on it.
    I believe he put spring guides in it and reduced the spring by a coil. Oh boy what a difference. It is so accurate and it is a real pleasure to use now. So if you are not wanting to do it yourself send it to Nick it was worth every penny.
    Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Hw45

I prefer 177 than 22 but that’s probably because of my FT shooting. Whatever you purchase just enjoy shooting it.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I also fitted the TBT kit and took 1.5 coils off - Massive improvement.
    Good deals with these members

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    I may have to speak to Nick, he's not far so I could drop it in to him!

However the pistol is very smooth and accurate- perhaps I should leave it alone? But knowing me....
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

As @Markmelesky says The barrel change idea is good i bought a .177 silver star then managed to get anew .22 barrel for £30 two guns in one and it takes 2 mins to change .just got to remember which is fitted lol
    The only person to get anything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

got a silver star in .177 and have got a .22 barrel to try just waiting for some ss screws asi had to butcher one of the originals to get it out think thy are made from cheese

[QUOTE=Tony.T;7698382]That's got me interested- any links or pointers to help me look at what he does please?[/QUOthis guy does custom HW45 grips and very nice they are too
    andy@andrewdavies10.plus.comA

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    I also fitted the TBT kit and took 1.5 coils off - Massive improvement.
    With a drop in power?

Power

Quote Originally Posted by Pinpoint View Post
    With a drop in power?
    Yes , there is a slight drop in power.

hw45.

With reference to barrel calibre i have a 45 with three 177. 20. and 22. never seen a .25 cal though which i would think is a bit to adventurous for a air pistol unless it was putting out more power than the legal 6 ft.pounds energy.

Seeing this thread again reminded me that I do have a brass .25 HW45 barrel somewhere. I bought it on a whim some twenty odd years ago but never got around to fitting it.
    I must dig out my HW45s, of which I have several, including a large Doskocil cased pistol with several different barrels, an HW45 original stock (no additional foresight) and Pachmayer grips.
    I also have a couple of boxed examples and a boxed HW75.

Slightly OT.

I inadvertently took a brass .22 barrel for a 45 on a business trip to France. It was in my briefcase.
    Four flights and nobody noticed it.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    I bought a HW45 in .177 and couldn't hit a damn thing with it. I found it top heavy and somebody suggested at the club, I wind lots of elastic band around the grips to bulk then up a bit. I couldn't do that as it would look dreadful, so bought some chunky Walnut grips and that improved it a lot. It was a lot better but still not as good as I wanted. After speaking to Nick of TbT I sent it to him for him to work his magic on it.
    I believe he put spring guides in it and reduced the spring by a coil. Oh boy what a difference. It is so accurate and it is a real pleasure to use now. So if you are not wanting to do it yourself send it to Nick it was worth every penny.
    Ade
    If you don't mind my asking, how much did this cost including 2x postage?

Thanks

I71
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.