Thread: Black Cats - Ford - Barbarians....Team Challenge

Black Cats - Ford - Barbarians....Team Challenge

What a day, top weather, top course, top company......Top of the Pops

Today we held the second HFT Team Challenge event this time at the inviation of the Balck Cats at their glorious grounds near Swindon.

The format is designed such that each team is just that, no individual scores, a chance for everyone to count and team coaching is encouraged.

The format is as simple as we could think of to encourage everyone to contribute and count, with some aspect of a training day thrown in. I think it was well received...any comments are welcome, we can change it for the next challenge.

- Teams of at least 5 (this makes the maths a tad fairer....a team of one would be unfair...as are teams of three )

- Those shooting springer/0.22" get a 3 point start

- 30 shot course set however the course setters fancy....in the main to UKAHFT

- The teams can walk the course as a team before the shoot to discuss “tactics”

- Teams shoot as pairs/threes and can coach each other on ranges, wind, technique

- The scores for a team are averaged (team member scores added together divided by number of team shooters)

- No shenanigans like dodgy DNF's

- The winners get to hold the cup, yes there is a cup, until a team beat them in the next challenge

- Team scores only discussed/posted – remember it’s a team event

Anyway, Ford and Barbarians fielded large single teams, Black Cats somehow managed 5, yes 5 teams

The team scores:

Black Cat AAA - 52.0
    The Mighty Ford - 51.8
    The Rather Photogenic Barbarians - 51.5
    Black Cat Dead Meats - 51.3
    Black Cat Oily Rag Springers - 46.6
    Black Cat UHTU - 43.5
    Black Cat PCPS - 41.0

Are there any other teams out there who want to host or take part in the HFT Team Challenge?

Ford will be inviting the Black Cats and Barbarians to take the challenge at Ford some time in the next few months, I will post nearer the time to see if we can add any more fodder

I will link some photos tomorrow.
    Last edited by Lol Moore; 01-06-2019 at 10:19 PM.
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Shame I missed it due to work, looking forward to the next episode.

My lad was gutted he was one point behind you

Thank you Black Cats, what a cracking club! Great facilities and super company.

Throughly enjoyable

Steb
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

The Mighty FORD

..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

The Beautilcious Barbarians.