Thread: Evanix

Evanix

Are there many Evanix AR6 Hunting master owners out there, the one with the 6 shot rotary magazine,what are they like?

garym is offline Outruns Death in his slippers
    Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    Are there many Evanix AR6 Hunting master owners out there, the one with the 6 shot rotary magazine,what are they like?
    I have one but it is FAC, They need a bit of trigger work, hard hitting, accurate out to about 90 m. Mine is air hungry, 20 shots per fill. If you are thinking sub 12 ft lbs, other rifles are better value for money.
    I have had no problems with mine, touch wood.

Thanks for the reply garym,would have to be under !2,is there a fill gauge on yours?

I have AR6 pistol. Trigger is a bit heavy and requires tuning to be OK. In double action mode it is hopeless. It's an airhog but then again it makes 30 fpe with 10" barrel. No gauge. I've down tuned mine to 20 fpe but it has a very heavy hammer with rather long "strike" and I have trouble figuring out how it could work well at only 12 fpe. It's a fun gun to shoot, I made a carbine stock for mine and it's quite perfect combo in that form.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Hi riku,thanks for the reply,the one I have is the pistol with the carbine stock and slip on moderator running at UK legal limit.I like the magazine and cocking system and only use the semi auto to empty the gun,pity it doesn't have a gauge on though.

I'm glad you like you gun. I gave up trying to get my pistol to work to my satisfaction.
    I liked the idea of a full power (6ft/lb) 6 shot pistol. I think it looks good and feels good.
    I found the trigger far too hard to pull to be accurate on double action.
    The power difference between single and double action was noticeable.
    So sadly its in bits and will probably stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by offtarget View Post
    I'm glad you like you gun. I gave up trying to get my pistol to work to my satisfaction.
    I liked the idea of a full power (6ft/lb) 6 shot pistol. I think it looks good and feels good.
    I found the trigger far too hard to pull to be accurate on double action.
    The power difference between single and double action was noticeable.
    So sadly its in bits and will probably stay that way.
    If the pistol was set up for 6ftlbs on double action does it not go over the UK limit on single action,mine records 3to4 ftlbs on double and around 11ftlbs on single,some means to stop it being used on single action(stopping the hammer from being pulled right back)would have to be made.

If the pistol was set up for 6ftlbs on double action does it not go over the UK limit on single action,mine records 3to4 ftlbs on double and around 11ftlbs on single,some means to stop it being used on single action(stopping the hammer from being pulled right back)would have to be made.
    It's not just me then. Being a pistol I wanted a 6ft/lb double action but as you said single action was far to high. And after god knows how many hours of tinkering and pellets I gave up and to stay legal, still in bits.
    I should have known better because I remember when the first Challenger AR6(Double tank, no air gauge) rifle was Imported in 1998 it had the same problem and I think that's why they stopped. Double action was 11ft/lb and single was over 18.

It's not just me then. Being a pistol I wanted a 6ft/lb double action but as you said single action was far to high. And after god knows how many hours of tinkering and pellets I gave up and to stay legal, still in bits.
    I should have known better because I remember when the first Challenger AR6(Double tank, no air gauge) rifle was Imported in 1998 it had the same problem and I think that's why they stopped. Double action was 11ft/lb and single was over 18.
    You can always send it to me, I'll turn it to a .224 bottle carbine that shoots bullets
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

If you can stop the hammer being pulled right back in single action by using a wedge which you could fix when you have the right size this should keep it legal?

If you can stop the hammer being pulled right back in single action by using a wedge which you could fix when you have the right size this should keep it legal?
    I must admit I wasn't think on those lines. Most of my efforts was put towards power adjustment.
    By altering the restrictor size, changing the hammer spring or valve opening travel.
    Perhaps if I get a second wind of enthusiasm I may give that a try.

I must admit I wasn't think on those lines. Most of my efforts was put towards power adjustment.
    By altering the restrictor size, changing the hammer spring or valve opening travel.
    Perhaps if I get a second wind of enthusiasm I may give that a try.
    Hope you do,better than not using it,best of luck,Stuart.