Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammereli MASTER with r/h anatomic grip. Value please?

Hammerli MASTER with r/h anatomic grip. Value please?

I have two really nice examples of the Hammerli Master match pistol with the original factory fitted right handed walnut anatomic grips that I am considering selling.

These are much rarer than the standard grip Master pistols as very few full match specification pistols were made before the fire that destroyed the factory and all Hammerli production facilities that marked the end of the Hammerli production and manufacturing business. No tooling survived and these pistols were never made again.

Both pistols are as close to being in "mint" collection as possible with nice blue finish and the original walnut anatomical grips that are also really nice and have not been mutilated or modified in any way (quite unusual for a competition match pistol as many competitors like to modify their grips).

Both pistols come with an original Hammerli factory fitted hard case.

I also have one of the red and white cardboard boxes that most Hammerli Masters were supplied in. This box can be supplied with either pistol instead of the factory fitted hard case, but I would also consider selling it on its own as it would grace any collection that included an un-boxed or un-cased Hammerli Master.

Both of these pistols were shot at the RMTC club by myself for a while and both shot impressively well, but neither have been shot for a few years now as I retired them from "active service" as I think they are best kept as rare and important items of airgun history and I did not want to risk any possibility of either gaining any scuff marks or scratching etc.

I not sure yet what sort of price I should ask for each of these match pistols. I bought them about two years apart from each other - one in the UK and one in Germany - and both were expensive to buy at the time - partly due to their rarely and partly due to their superb collectable condition.

I would consider a deal with either of them for a really nice Steyr LP5, LP5P or LP50 ( and possibly a mint LP1 or LP1P) but some idea on current values ( if known!) would be appreciated.

Both of these match pistols have now been SOLD
    Last edited by zooma; 08-03-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hope this might help. l sold my Master sport boxed with the original bits that came with it at the last Kempton fair for £235 it was in very good condition with all its bluing.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hope this might help. l sold my Master sport boxed with the original bits that came with it at the last Kempton fair for £235 it was in very good condition with all its bluing.
    Thanks Micky,

That is a good reference point for me to consider.

I have never seen a Master competition pistol with anatomical grips go for less than £350, but I have not seen a mint and boxed (or cased) one being sold over the last 10 years either, so I have no idea if their value has gone up or down - or if there is any interest within the collecting community for them any more.

I still have the two page sales list of a well known UK seller of Hammerli pistols from back when he had lots of them to sell. The standard used Masters prices ranged from £260 - £320 but this list did not include any competition models with the anatomical grip.

The Hammerli "Single" models ranged between £225 - £330 for a "Lange" model with a red leather case!

As a life-long collector of match target pistols, I have noticed that there are less collectors of target pistols than say spring powered Webley' springers, but there are lots of reasons for that including the higher prices and the fact that there are no good British made match pistols to collect.

I bought a vgc 12 gram single ,resealed, in its pvc bag for £300 at Kempton last year.

I know 4 chaps who collect these pistols.

I think you might get £500?

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I bought a vgc 12 gram single ,resealed, in its pvc bag for £300 at Kempton last year.

Thanks for your info!

I am not clever enough to post my pictures on the BBS, but I have sent them for you to see - and possibly pass on to your friends who may like to see them too!

I'm sure pistols with the relatively scarce factory walnut grips are far more sought after - and so more valuable - than the usual plastic grip Hammerlis.

Mark D's pics:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....tol/#post-1253
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Beautiful and very effective.

I've had the Sparkler and a Single in 8 gram co2.
    The Sparkler shoots 5 bbs as well as single pellet.

L A has a repeater that he refuses to part with!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks for your info!

I am not clever enough to post my pictures on the BBS, but I have sent them for you to see - and possibly pass on to your friends who may like to see them too!
    Will have a look.
    Thanks

There were a few hammerli Co2 pistols that sold on this auction, 12th May, for now what appears as bargain prices!

https://connect.invaluable.com/gardi...L,_9D5424A95D/
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

I remember you getting the one at Kempton and was indeed quite jealous, Superbly engineered pistols and rarely seen with wooden target grips, boxed examples aren't that rare but cased and mint are few and far between, I would think £450 - £500 as perfectly achievable to a serious collector,

The case makes a world of difference, think LP53, Good condition uncased = £180 - £220 ish, in the case and it becomes a £400+ pistol, why? It's the collector thing, I have a lovely LP53, would I spend £200 on a decent factory case for it, of course, it would complete it,

My only saving grace is that you (Bob) did not produce these when I was at the club the other week
    Last edited by nige346; 08-06-2019 at 11:35 PM.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Hi Nige.

Bobs two are very nice.

Mark D has a superb collection shown in Gavin's post above?

I finally zeroed in the Kempton Single and amazed myself on a 10 m target!
    I did a Feg co2 at the same time but think the Hammerli just shaded it.

I am mostly a lazy can shooter these days

Can someone tell me how the blow off valve works on these?
    Thanks

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    There's this one on MacAvoys site, , not sure if its still for sale as its been on the site for some time . 2/12/13 ?

http://www.mcavoyguns.co.uk/contents...O2_pistol.html

Gordon.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

I think that's a Sparkler
    Way over priced

I think I will try to sell them both separately.

One will be sold as seen in the red/white box with a handbook and the Hammerli case shown behind it.

The other will be sold as seen in the fitted case with the CO2 box and handbook.

I think that's a Sparkler
    Way over priced
    It's not a Sparkler but a Hammerli Prinz,

The sparkler loaded from the top via 2 points, one for pellets and the other for 5 BB's that sat in the top frame, The prinz utilised a magazine type system underneath for the BB's and a loading tap for the pellets I believe, These were a later development of the sparkler that were made between 1967 - 1970, There were also designed to take both 8g & 12g capsules, Never seen one for sale anywhere suggesting it is quite rare.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more