Thread: Hammereli MASTER with r/h anatomic grip. Value please?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hammerli MASTER with r/h anatomic grip. Value please?

I have two really nice examples of the Hammerli Master match pistol with the original factory fitted right handed walnut anatomic grips that I am considering selling.

These are much rarer than the standard grip Master pistols as very few full match specification pistols were made before the fire that destroyed the factory and all Hammerli production facilities that marked the end of the Hammerli production and manufacturing business. No tooling survived and these pistols were never made again.

Both pistols are as close to being in "mint" collection as possible with nice blue finish and the original walnut anatomical grips that are also really nice and have not been mutilated or modified in any way (quite unusual for a competition match pistol as many competitors like to modify their grips).

Both pistols come with an original Hammerli factory fitted hard case.

I also have one of the red and white cardboard boxes that most Hammerli Masters were supplied in. This box can be supplied with either pistol instead of the factory fitted hard case, but I would also consider selling it on its own as it would grace any collection that included an un-boxed or un-cased Hammerli Master.

Both of these pistols were shot at the RMTC club by myself for a while and both shot impressively well, but neither have been shot for a few years now as I retired them from "active service" as I think they are best kept as rare and important items of airgun history and I did not want to risk any possibility of either gaining any scuff marks or scratching etc.

I not sure yet what sort of price I should ask for each of these match pistols. I bought them about two years apart from each other - one in the UK and one in Germany - and both were expensive to buy at the time - partly due to their rarely and partly due to their superb collectable condition.

I would consider a deal with either of them for a really nice Steyr LP5, LP5P or LP50 ( and possibly a mint LP1 or LP1P) but some idea on current values ( if known!) would be appreciated.

Both of these match pistols have now been SOLD
    Last edited by zooma; 08-03-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.