Thread: Hammerli MASTER competition pistol with original factory adjustable anatomical grips.

Hammerli MASTER competition pistol with original factory adjustable anatomical grips.

I have started a thread in the collecting section of the BBS as I thought theses match pistols would appeal more to an airgun historian or collector than an active target shooter - but then I reminded myself that I like to shoot and collect match air pistols and so I should give it a mention here too as I am probably not the only target shooter that likes and appreciates the sheer quality of these older competition pistols!

Both of my Hammerli Master match pistols are in superb condition - about as close as possible to being in "mint" condition as you are likely to find anywhere. Both come with a factory fitted original walnut right handed adjustable anatomical grip - and unusually neither grip has been modified or altered so they are both as they would have left the factory all those years ago.

These pistols both come with a genuine Hammerli factory hard case and so are as compete and original as possible.

Very few of these competition spec. "recoilless" CO2 powered match pistols were made before the fire that destroyed the original Hammerli factory and production lines that ended all Hammerli air pistol and rifle production.

The total loss of all of the tooling that was used to make these superb pistols was lost in the fire and is why the Hammerli production came to an abrupt halt and was never able to be started again.

I bought these two pistols about two years apart and paid good money for each of them at the time as they were such nice examples off what is a quite rare competition pistol (very few were made with the anatomical walnut grip).

These pistols were both shot by myself in the RMTC club range until a few years ago when I retired them from "active service" as I didn't want to risk either of them gaining any scuff marks or scratches, but they were both very accurate and a pleasure to shoot on the 10 meters club range.

There is very little to go wrong with these pistols other than changing the 'O" rings now and again (as is normal with age for any SSP, CO2 or PCP powered airgun) and the CO2 gas cylinders are the same size as is currently used by the popular replica airguns that seem to sell in their thousands these days, so they are inexpensive and easily available.

The anatomical grips have an adjustable palm shelf and these pistols must have been years ahead of their time when they were first produced. Very few UK target shooters had the chance to own one of these magnificent pistols as we needed to have them on a firearms certificate at the time and this restricted their sales over here massively!

I remember shooting with my "state of the art" FWB Model 65 at the NSRA finals when they were held in the Sophia Gardens in Cardiff in the early 70's and seeing a couple of these pistols being shot by two members of the Plymouth pistol club and thinking what "lucky sods" they were to be able to have them as they seemed to be so effortless to shoot!

If anyone would be interested in owning one of these really nice CO2 powered match pistols, please contact me and I will take some pictures of them both this afternoon and send them out by email as I am unable (or clever enough) to be able to post them here.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hammerli

Like to see some pics please Bob, email?
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    Like to see some pics please Bob, email?
    J.
    I have some pictures here to share with you - I just need your email address to send them to as it is not recorded on your BBS profile .

hammerli master pistol

I have sent PM

Quote Originally Posted by martininferno View Post
    I have sent PM
    9 pictures showing both pistols, two Hammerli cases and one Hammerli box were sent to you this morning - and resent again this evening as requested.

Although only one manual is pictured - I have now found a second copy and that will be included as well!

None of the CO2 capsules can be posted but will be given free if collection is possible.

Hope you have received the pictures OK.

Bob.

For Sale:- One Hammerli Master Deal.

One of these Hammerli Master pistols with the original card box, factory hard case and Hammerli handbook/manual is now up for sale at £450.

Pictures have been taken of everything to show what is included in the deal and can be sent by email to anyone that may be interested in buying it.

Collection would be preferred, but I can post everything for £20 except the CO2 capsules - these are free of charge to anyone buying and collecting the pistol but I cannot post them.

Please contact me by PM or email if you are interested in buying it.