Thread: Bullpup for a leftie?

Bullpup for a leftie?

It's time for a change. I'm thinking of selling my HW100 and MFR and getting something more compact. Mrs Snapshot is talking about downsizing (again!) so less storage space is a bonus. So one candidate could be the new regulated version of the S510 TDR but the case seems long for a take down rifle. So I started looking at bullpups and have a short list of four which I've tried to read up on here and elsewhere but would still appreciate informed comment here. The important thing is that I can shoot them left-handed so the cocking lever needs to be well forward and the cheekpiece wraps over enough or have after-market bits available (FX).

AGT Vulcan II - interesting but I know nothing about AGT. Are BAR & Pellpax the only retailers?
    BSA Defiant - seems okay but heavy. Local shop has very good relationship with BSA if any problems. Very few comments here.
    Daystate Renegade - I'm sure it's very good but my time in the trade has left me with a deep distrust of Daystate's QC and attitude which don't seem to have got any better.
    FX Wildcat II - looks promising if any early QC problems are gone and the barrel works at sub-12ftlbs. What I've read here seems encouraging.

Or wait for the HW100 'pup?

As another leftie, the money is on the Vulcan I think. The other option is the AA Galahad.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    As another leftie, the money is on the Vulcan I think. The other option is the AA Galahad.
    The hw100 pup is on sale now.
    Wildcat mk2 would be my choice out of those you mention
    My mk2 .177 was faultless and accuracy was spot on .

The AGT Uragan Compact is well worth a look
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Thanks for your thoughts, folks.
    I considered the Galahad but, ignoring that it's fugly, I think I'd need the cocking lever on the left which I don't really want. It's also quite heavy.
    The Vulcan II appeals more than the the Uragan as it can have a walnut stock. I think a trip up to BAR might be needed to actually handle them. I'm just slightly worried about service & repairs.
    The Wildcat II is looking favourite at the moment but I could be swayed to the Vulcan II.

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.

Bullpup choice.

My vote is for the AGT Vulcan 2 guy had one at my local range it was a .177 11.8 ft/lb fingernail groups @ 55 yards straight out of the box, just as accurate as any top FT rifle, they are fitted with a CZ barrel.
    £1350+ not cheap though.

The best bullpup bar none is the Edgun Matador. Try one and you will be hooked. I did and was. As you might remember I am also a lefty-not that it matters as the rifle is ambi.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Hw100 bullpup has the safety on both sides of the action so it's probably possible to switch the lever round as well.
    I bought one yesterday and its great. 140 shots per fill and very accurate.
    I was looking at the defiant recently but after the shop saying it was 11+ ftlbs then when it was actually chrono'd it wasn't even doing 10 with any pellets, and the shop saying its OK I decided not to buy it.
    But the bullpup itch wouldn't go away so after a bit of thought I got the hw. There were a few others I considered but I thought with the other pcps I bought and sold before settling on a 100s I'd cut out all the messing around and go straight for a hw bullpup. And I'm glad I did.

Cheaper option

Try a P15 before deciding,I had always dismissed these as Chinese junk But after coming across one they are super accurate and featherweight. super tuneable simple to work on and customisable beyond belief.
    If you have a relevant slot on an FAC they also can be without too much hassle be tuned to 40-50ftlbs easily.
    I have one in .25 cal fitted with a Walther Barrel and Huma Regulator with FAC spring.

To follow up, I went into the local shop and handled an HW100BP which was as good as one would expect and would have taken all my current HW100 bits but .177s are hard to get at the moment. The cocking lever was just a little too close to my face.
    I also handled a Wildcat II which another customer was buying.
    I then went elsewhere and handled a Vulcan II which unfortunately is sensibly set up for right handers and has the cocking lever on the left where I don't want it.
    But they also had a mint s/h Wildcat II in .177 at an attractive price so I bought it. It's synthetic rather than walnut but I can live with that. An ambi cheekpiece and other oddments are on their way to finish the job. The other member of my miniature rifle league team that's into airguns has also just bought one and raved about it when I met him last night.

Nick, the Edgun looks nice but is that little bit too expensive and seemed hard to source. I think, for the little I do these days, the Wildcat will be fine.

H i got a vulcan 2 from bar a couple of weeks ago the cocking lever was on the left ideal for you. I simply swapped it over to the rhs. A 5 min job the gun is truly ambidextrous. The mag loads from the left. The gun is fantastic insanely accurate just like my other one.
    mk2 rapid.22

I've just bought a Kalibrgun cricket carbine . Google it !
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ka...fwZ8xZctRKaQM:
    Came as a combo with scope and bipod , just under £1130 .
    Most I've ever spent on a rifle , but worth every penny .
    Accuracy is unbelievable.