Thread: Pellet recommendations for .177 BSA Super 10

Pellet recommendations for .177 BSA Super 10

Boring I know.

I've tried Exacts in 4.51 and 4.52 but results from the bench at 25m weren't great.

Any well proven best brand out there for this rifle?

Ta.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Which pellet

Super domes and Bisley magnums went well in these back in the day , but I use JSBs in my Ultra now .

I had a .22 and a .177 Super10 a good few years ago, the .177 was never a patch on the .22 accuracy wise except with one magazine. The rifle came with three mags and I sent two back to BSA who used to refurbish them back then, they were better but never brilliant, so as well as checking pellets, check the fit of the pellets into the mag as certain brands can topple a little and will not enter the breech perfectly square.

I suspect a single shot adaptor would be the best bet, but such things were not available when I had mine.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    The point about the mags is well-made: I had similar issues with my bsa S10 using Accupells until I tried single loading. It's fiddly to do, but will tell you very quickly if it's the pellets or the mags.

In my case it was the mags: I had a single shot loader made up and and no issues after that. It's a simple, if fiddly, check that could save you a lot of faff with testing different pellets.

Jerry

When testing at the indoor range at 30yards the super ten in .177 the best pellet was h&n barracuda it gave the tightest grouping tried loads of different pellets went from 6inches grouping too pellet on pellet

My 177 superten bull barrel carbine loves jsb heavys 4.52 bisley magnums 4.52 crosman premier boxed 7.9 crosman premier 10.5 boxed single die version not the tins H&n barracuda 4.51 and 4.52 doesn't like anything 4.50 hope this helps ..

All my BSA barrels do well with 4.51-4.52 H&N Barracuda Match, Bisley Magnums, H&N FFT and Bisley LRG.

I had a couple of these the carbine and full lenth versions in .177 . The only pellet that kept a decent group was bisley magnums.

Regards , Mike

dont know if you can still get the elely wasp. they worked well in all my rifles. O/K they needed a wash and roll around in wax polish. thats car wash polish.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Thanks gents.

Will try some of the above.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Try Powapell, best in both .177's I've owned.