Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UKChinese Airgun Forum's 10th Anniversary Meeting

UKChinese Airgun Forum's 10th Anniversary Meeting

Just a little heads up for folks who are interested, the UK Chinese Airgun forum will be holding their tenth anniversary "Oddballs" meeting here at Quigley Hollow over the weekend of June 22nd / 23rd.

I'm just supplying the site, so details for this event can be found on their forum.

All the best Mick

Just hope that the weather improves, otherwise it might be waterwings needed

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I hope to attend if I can get my van fixed in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post

Well I mowed the campsite today and the targets are all ready, Steve.

The toilets will be here on Tuesday, so we'll be all good to go from Wednesday morning onwards.

I bet that grass to the right of the target area's getting really long now, Mick, what with the recent rains and now the odd sunny interlude?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Oh, I forgot to say, Steve.

Organising this event isn't really anything to do with me I'm just providing the site to the UKChinese Airgun Forum.

The chap organising the event is top man, Gerry/SuffolkRifle :- http://www.airgunbbs.com/member.php?89541-SuffolkRifle

And he works very hard in organising many comps for folks over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I bet that grass to the right of the target area's getting really long now, Mick, what with the recent rains and now the odd sunny interlude?
    Yep, Tone, I've just been mowing again at Quigley Hollow and the long grass may be a bit too long for the FT course now. --- I can easily sort this when Gerry gets here if needs be.

And the toilet's here, Gerry.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Oh, I forgot to say, Steve.

Organising this event isn't really anything to do with me I'm just providing the site to the UKChinese Airgun Forum.

The chap organising the event is top man, Gerry/SuffolkRifle :- http://www.airgunbbs.com/member.php?89541-SuffolkRifle

And he works very hard in organising many comps for folks over the weekend.
    We welcome anyone along - a few get surprised at what we do

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Cheers Gerry --- I didn't want to appear to be treading on your toes.

Everything is good to go now.

All the best Mick

We should be with you Thursday at some point - get the tent up & try and make a start on setting the course out

As a member of the UKCAF I've attended a meeting before at Mick's of theirs and can highly recommend it. Sadly, I am being admitted into hospital on Saturday afternoon to sort out eye surgery on a problem that's recently manifested itself following surgery last year. My advice to anyone would be to attend, as some of the air rifles on display will destroy many preconceptions you may have about Chinese rifles

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    As a member of the UKCAF I've attended a meeting before at Mick's of theirs and can highly recommend it. Sadly, I am being admitted into hospital on Saturday afternoon to sort out eye surgery on a problem that's recently manifested itself following surgery last year. My advice to anyone would be to attend, as some of the air rifles on display will destroy many preconceptions you may have about Chinese rifles
    Hope that the surgery goes well for you Mark. Must admit to hoping that some of the more modern (read PCP) turn up, as I've not seen many in the metal yet.

Forgot to say, please let me know if you're planning on coming along, just so that we've got an idea of numbers expected.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Sorry you won't be able to attend, Mark.

As you say many folks have incorrect preconceptions about Chinese guns and a visit to this event could open their eyes somewhat.

Fingers crossed for the eye surgery, mate.

All the best Mick

We should be with you Thursday at some point - get the tent up & try and make a start on setting the course out
    I think one or two Boinger Bash regulars will be showing up tomorrow, Gerry, so with me being slightly incapacitated you'll still have some folks at hand to help you.