Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UKChinese Airgun Forum's 10th Anniversary Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Sorry you won't be able to attend, Mark.

As you say many folks have incorrect preconceptions about Chinese guns and a visit to this event could open their eyes somewhat.

Fingers crossed for the eye surgery, mate.

All the best Mick
    Mick,

Saturday is a few hours having pre-op' assessments. The surgery will follow and shouldn't take too long.

Hope everyone enjoys the Oddball weekend

I think one or two Boinger Bash regulars will be showing up tomorrow, Gerry, so with me being slightly incapacitated you'll still have some folks at hand to help you.
    Just so long as they don't 'pitch up' in that corner of the camping field that we use for the second part of the course, it'll be OK (hate asking folks to move their pitch)

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Sadly, I am being admitted into hospital on Saturday afternoon to sort out eye surgery on a problem that's recently manifested itself following surgery last year.
    Best of luck for the weekend, Mark.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I think one or two Boinger Bash regulars will be showing up tomorrow, Gerry, so with me being slightly incapacitated you'll still have some folks at hand to help you.
    Is the lovely Steve there?

Was hoping to be able to get there for a few hours on the Sunday, peeps, but it's my youngest's birthday. Think I might struggle, but will see what I can do.

How's the B2, Mick?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Is the lovely Steve there?

Was hoping to be able to get there for a few hours on the Sunday, peeps, but it's my youngest's birthday. Think I might struggle, but will see what I can do.

How's the B2, Mick?
    No Steve as yet, Tone, but Paul (Aitch2o) and Jonny Neate arrived yesterday so I'll be setting them on in a bit to put out the Quigley Hollow targets.
    Then when Gerry gets here they'll be able to give him a hand setting out the FT course.

I've run a few Chrono strings with the b2 to make sure she's good to go, and I must admit that it makes me grin seeing a very consistant 597fps from a gun that folks dismiss as being crap.
    In reality the b2 has a slightly higher swept volume than an early 77 and the breech lockup is as good as it gets, the only thing I'm looking at improving now is the trigger --- I wonder if I could get a Rekord in there.

No Steve as yet, Tone, but Paul (Aitch2o) and Jonny Neate arrived yesterday so I'll be setting them on in a bit to put out the Quigley Hollow targets.
    Then when Gerry gets here they'll be able to give him a hand setting out the FT course.

I've run a few Chrono strings with the b2 to make sure she's good to go, and I must admit that it makes me grin seeing a very consistant 597fps from a gun that folks dismiss as being crap.
    In reality the b2 has a slightly higher swept volume than an early 77 and the breech lockup is as good as it gets, the only thing I'm looking at improving now is the trigger --- I wonder if I could get a Rekord in there.
    Aha, give my regards to Jonny and Paul, Mick.

Hope all goes well, which I'm sure it will for all concerned and if I can make it, I'll be there.

Well, if anyone can get a Rekord grafted into the little B2 it'd be you, Michael.

And sounding good already.

Guessing it's the "slidey gun", unless you have a few B2s?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Guessing it's the "slidey gun", unless you have a few B2s?
    Nope, not the slidey gun, Tone.

I have three b2s ---

The recoiless one in the HW77 stock.

The b2/Meteor hybrid in a Meteor stock.

My tactical b2 is the one I'll be using this weekend --- tactical amounts to me having sprayed the stock with black bed liner.

Gotcha.

Shooting it today, was almost hitting the bucket- fraction high most of the time, nice gun though.

Another day of beautiful weather for the attendees today.

Have fun, folks.

Best wishes and hope you have a great event !

Can't believe its so long since I hosted the second ever "Oddballs" down in Wales !!!

But times move on , and I'm now a Spanish resident, living and loving this warm sunny country !

I hope a good time was had by all; sorry I couldn't be there.