Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BSA L 1920s ?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post

EDIT: too late, Mick's pressed his Big Red Button.
    Ohhh, now I'll never know if it was me who upset his sencibilities ... Oh well, also being a "cup half full" kind of chap (and not giving a flying wotsit what he thinks, lol), I can live with that ().

For reference however, do a search on the recently departed's history, and you'll see that about a year ago he had another Light pattern up for sale for £180 which he ended up selling for £120, so he knew very well the price of his rifle, ergo was possibly just chancing his luck and took an exception to having his perceived deception unveiled (so good skittles, Mick)?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

the seller was rather rude to people with experience who tried to help . i would of just wiped my nose with the money lost .. or he thinks he lost and called it experience but he seemed to go on a rampage blocking and being rude to folk ...

strange .... he needed to chill and respect knowledge i think ..

im very good with modern stuff but this vintage lark has rather restarted by love of airguns again

I bought one of these last year for £200 ( etching only visible in good light, held at a very specific angle!)and I have to say it’s the sweetest gun I have, the most accurate and the most fun. Obviously markets go up and down but I would have thought £180-£200 looking at it
    Best of luck with the sale!
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

Quote Originally Posted by Lundy View Post
    I bought one of these last year for £200 ( etching only visible in good light, held at a very specific angle!)and I have to say it’s the sweetest gun I have, the most accurate and the most fun. Obviously markets go up and down but I would have thought £180-£200 looking at it
    Best of luck with the sale!
    I think the seller has now left the building, but I am sure he would have been very grateful for your input.

Interesting thread, watched from afar until now. I have to say the OP's responses were strange.

The main problem with BSA's is that they are largely indestructible, and they made very many of them. That does not bode well for sellers, also I feel that they have limited appeal for a lot of younger shooters. People just don't realise what good fun they are to shoot, and you dont need a divers bottle or pump the keep them going. Once fettled, they are a joy to shoot, and most seem to be able to outshoot their owners. Very accurate if held straight and true.

I have largely given up responding to valuation threads, as it is impossible to "please" everyone, and mine is just a personal opinion at the end of the day. I believe that it is up to the individual seller to do their research, then offer out the item at a price they are happy with. In the final analysis, the local market will decide if the price is good or not, and often people with inflated ideas still have the items many months afterwards.

This is why Kempton is such a great thing, enthusiasts selling guns at sensible prices, most willing to do a deal on the day, and no commission fee's. What is not to love?

Lakey

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post

This is why Kempton is such a great thing, enthusiasts selling guns at sensible prices, most willing to do a deal on the day, and no commission fee's. What is not to love?

Nails, heads, hammers and hitting ... 100% with you on this one, well said (plus it is a fantastic day out to boot).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

You could have told me there was a difference of opinion skirmish going on here!