Thread: BSA Stock Logos and Engraving

BSA Stock Logos and Engraving

Does anybody know how BSA put the logo in the wooden stocks of BSA Cadet/Cadet Major. Was it branded in or pressed in? Also how was the engraving done? Were all Cadets and Cadet Majors engraved?

Not sure of the correct way it was done,my cadet major also has the stores name (logo) in the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR1 View Post
    Does anybody know how BSA put the logo in the wooden stocks of BSA Cadet/Cadet Major. Was it branded in or pressed in? Also how was the engraving done? Were all Cadets and Cadet Majors engraved?
    My Cadet Major doesn’t have the BSA logo.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAR1 View Post
    l think you will find that the BSA logo was pressed into the stocks. and l belive that all Cadet & Majors where acid etched. but someone with more knowledge than me on this will be able to comfirm.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    l think you will find that the BSA logo was pressed into the stocks. and l belive that all Cadet & Majors where acid etched. but someone with more knowledge than me on this will be able to comfirm.
    Sounds about right to me mate
    Definitely looks pressed or steam pressed on the stock and I've never seen really great etching but definitely chemical etched after bluing
    Donald

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Stamped on by a big press machine!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

It was a sad day when makers and retailers stopped stamping their names in stocks. Old rifles are always very evocative when engraved with the retailers name.

Whilst on the subject of BSA stocks I have an unusual one. It is a one piece Mk.2 Airsporter stock made by Sile. It has a raised comb. I wondered if Sile did this or if it is a d.i.y job. Any ideas?

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeymoo View Post
    Whilst on the subject of BSA stocks I have an unusual one. It is a one piece Mk.2 Airsporter stock made by Sile. It has a raised comb. I wondered if Sile did this or if it is a d.i.y job. Any ideas?
    Yes these stocks were supplied on BSA rifles when they couldn't source the material to make their own!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Yes I know Sile provided them....it's the raised comb I was asking about