Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
In my very brief time with the 600 it’s hard for me to imagine this pistol in the hands of a young person? The shuttle can hide, if there is another round to fire. Yes I see there is a little port to look through but it would be so easy to accidentally fire this gun? You need to decock it to make it safe which is a not too intuitive sliding of the cocking bar holding on to it as you pull the trigger and slowly slide it forward. Yes there is a safety but that only locks the trigger. Of course mine came with a box but no directions so a normal buyer at the time would have the opportunity to read before they operate. But I was just kind of caught by surprise given all my other airguns even the repeaters I’m used to cycling a bolt to load a pellet to fire. Just much safer I think?

The manual was a interesting read with the use of a ramrod to check for pellets? Has anyone seen the included ramrod?
Have seen the ramrod on occasion. They all came with one. There's a groove in it, I believe to show if it's hit a pellet or not.

Dangerous in young hands? Certainly was in my case. Mom was determined that I kill the rabbits that were eating her new landscaping and the only answer was the 600. At only 10 years old, I managed to do all sorts of other things.... such as put a pellet in the ceiling, fire with a pellet jammed in the barrel and certainly some that I don't care to remember.

Can't forget the Plinko's little habit of going full auto when the sear wears down. Now that's a kick in the pants when you find yourself holding on for dear life as your Plinko lifts towards the ceiling spitting out BBs as fast as it can cycle.

Fun guns.