Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: YouTube vid on Crosman 600

Hello Matt,

Thanks for sharing this excellently produced video clip which shows these amazingly entertaining pistols doing what they do best. I have a first series pistol like yours which I believe was followed by a version that pierced the Co2 capsule when the trigger was released after insertion of the capsule in the more traditional Crosman manner.
    The final version used a plunger to pierce the capsule when pushed against the palm of the hand similar to the Smith & Wesson 78 / 79G although these pistols had the capsules located within the grip. There was also a much more rarely seen BB version known in true U.S. terms as the Plink-O-Matic which sported these nicely complementing white grips similar in colour to those fitted to some variants of the Crosman 150.

Every home should have one.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 13-06-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello Matt,

Thanks for sharing this excellently produced video clip which shows these amazingly entertaining pistols doing what they do best. I have a first series pistol like yours which I believe was followed by a version that pierced the Co2 capsule when the trigger was released after insertion of the capsule in the more traditional Crosman manner.
    The final version used a plunger to pierce the capsule when pushed against the palm of the hand similar to the Smith & Wesson 78 / 79G although these pistols had the capsules located within the grip. There was also a much more rarely seen BB version known in true U.S. terms as the Plink-O-Matic which sported these nicely complementing white grips similar in colour to those fitted to some variants of the Crosman 150.

Every home should have one.

Brian
    Cheers Brian,

I've seen the plinkomatic (great name) online, I read it has a spacer and smaller shuttle, and a sleeved down magazine tube to take the .177 BB's.
    I bet you can get more than 10 BB's in that magazine, must be great fun. Never seen a real one.

Matt.

My friend Baz has the Plinko.
    Good shooter.
    Nothing like your modern weedy bb pistols.

Thumbs up

Hi Matt

Excellent video, Many thanks for posting it

Here's a pic of Lawrie's fabulous carbine

And his 677 'Plinkomatic'

Here's my 600, I was told by a knowledgeable chap that the end cap wasn't right for this pistol but that it may have been swapped whilst being serviced as this was common!

I got a box and manual for it, I think I was told that these were the wrong ones too!!

Cheers, john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Crosman Arms Model 600 by DT Fletcher.
    Great book ,was on Amazon.

All you need to know and full of pictures when you dont feel like reading.

Amaze your friends with little known 600 facts.

Johnbaz, there's a fellow in Wales printing fake 600 stuff. I saw one of his boxes at Lawries house - the writing was mirror reversed. Oops!
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

when
    Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Cheers Brian,

I've seen the plinkomatic (great name) online, I read it has a spacer and smaller shuttle, and a sleeved down magazine tube to take the .177 BB's.
    I bet you can get more than 10 BB's in that magazine, must be great fun. Never seen a real one.

Matt.
    Hello Matt,

I've only come across one Crosman Plinko-O-Matic in my travels which I understand had a magazine capacity of 15 BBs.

I'm sure you are probably already aware that Benjamin also had a go at producing a semi-automatic Co2 pellet pistol designated as the 422. Although I prefer the appearance of the Benjamin, it was a much weaker design relying on a series of rubber O rings to facilitate the feeding of the pellets which must have been a warranty nightmare. Although the magazines of these semi-auto pistols are designed to take more, I only ever load five pellets at a time when speed shooting to avoid any potential feeding problems. I believe the Drulov Conder match pistol uses a similar principle to the 422, but with metal rings rather than rubber which made for a much more reliable pistol. The Benjamin 422 is very pellet sensitive, but with the right ammunition is capable of spitting out pellets as fast as the Crosman 600 when it works.

Brian

One of the most interesting things about the 600 is how upgradable it is. It's easy to put in a new barrel. There are ways to dramatically increase the power output. Bulk fill is possible. There have also been high capacity magazine attachments.

Hawaii is where some of the most interesting work with 600s has been done. They perform major upgrades to the 600 to produce "rat" guns; for obvious purpose use.

Overall, it's an interesting gun. All known factory literature, including military, is included in my 600 book.

I have a chromed one with walnut grips which I dont like to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I have a chromed one with walnut grips which I dont like to talk about
    Hi,

You can't just post a comment like that and not include a picture or two.

Brian

With all the talk I was at a Airgun show yesterday and the table next to me had a 600 that he keep marking down, got to the point I couldn’t resist. Had custom walnut “RB” grips from a guy now out of business. Original box. It works flawlessly but as I feared the noise level really limits where I can enjoy this.

https://imgur.com/gallery/4gStpYL
    Last edited by 45flint; 16-06-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    With all the talk I was at a Airgun show yesterday and the table next to me had a 600 that he keep marking down, got to the point I couldn’t resist. Had custom walnut “RB” grips from a guy now out of business. Original box. It works flawlessly but as I feared the noise level really limits where I can enjoy this.

Hi Steve,

The walnut grips certainly add to the attraction of the Crosman 600. Most Co2 powered pistols are on the noisy side, but as has already been said, this only adds to the experience for most of us. I mostly shoot single shot precision pistols in pursuit of accuracy, but every now and again it's nice to let fly with the 600 just for the sheer unadulterated fun.

Brian

Lawries carbine is a stunner

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post

Nice buy,
    Wait till you can take it somewhere that noise isn’t an issue and you can really let rip!
    Take plenty of pellets, gas and tin cans.

Enjoy! 😊

In my very brief time with the 600 it’s hard for me to imagine this pistol in the hands of a young person? The shuttle can hide, if there is another round to fire. Yes I see there is a little port to look through but it would be so easy to accidentally fire this gun? You need to decock it to make it safe which is a not too intuitive sliding of the cocking bar holding on to it as you pull the trigger and slowly slide it forward. Yes there is a safety but that only locks the trigger. Of course mine came with a box but no directions so a normal buyer at the time would have the opportunity to read before they operate. But I was just kind of caught by surprise given all my other airguns even the repeaters I’m used to cycling a bolt to load a pellet to fire. Just much safer I think?

The manual was a interesting read with the use of a ramrod to check for pellets? Has anyone seen the included ramrod?
    Last edited by 45flint; 16-06-2019 at 08:03 PM.