Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YouTube vid on Crosman 600

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    In my very brief time with the 600 it’s hard for me to imagine this pistol in the hands of a young person? The shuttle can hide, if there is another round to fire. Yes I see there is a little port to look through but it would be so easy to accidentally fire this gun? You need to decock it to make it safe which is a not too intuitive sliding of the cocking bar holding on to it as you pull the trigger and slowly slide it forward. Yes there is a safety but that only locks the trigger. Of course mine came with a box but no directions so a normal buyer at the time would have the opportunity to read before they operate. But I was just kind of caught by surprise given all my other airguns even the repeaters I’m used to cycling a bolt to load a pellet to fire. Just much safer I think?

The manual was a interesting read with the use of a ramrod to check for pellets? Has anyone seen the included ramrod?
    Have seen the ramrod on occasion. They all came with one. There's a groove in it, I believe to show if it's hit a pellet or not.

Dangerous in young hands? Certainly was in my case. Mom was determined that I kill the rabbits that were eating her new landscaping and the only answer was the 600. At only 10 years old, I managed to do all sorts of other things.... such as put a pellet in the ceiling, fire with a pellet jammed in the barrel and certainly some that I don't care to remember.

Can't forget the Plinko's little habit of going full auto when the sear wears down. Now that's a kick in the pants when you find yourself holding on for dear life as your Plinko lifts towards the ceiling spitting out BBs as fast as it can cycle.

Fun guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    Can't forget the Plinko's little habit of going full auto when the sear wears down. Now that's a kick in the pants when you find yourself holding on for dear life as your Plinko lifts towards the ceiling spitting out BBs as fast as it can cycle.

Fun guns.
    600's are known to do that on occasion.

Webley never made anything like the 600! ;-)

Webley never made anything like the 600! ;-)
    More's the pity.

What would be a reasonable price to pay for a good crosman 600 ?

Video is a little long and tedious but he uses the ram rod to check for pellets in the early part.

https://youtu.be/gYD2KfspVzw

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    600's are known to do that on occasion.
    Normally, the 600 will jam instead of going full auto like the Plinko can. I've heard of it happening but have never experienced it myself and can't really see how it could happen without pellets jamming things up.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    Normally, the 600 will jam instead of going full auto like the Plinko can. I've heard of it happening but have never experienced it myself and can't really see how it could happen without pellets jamming things up.
    Oh believe me it can!
    I think the shuttle timing can go out of kilter with certain pellets, then the 600 will just go full auto and Empties the magazine in about 1/4 of a second.
    It’s happened to me a few times over the years. Sometimes just a burst of 4 pellets, sometimes the full mag.
    I managed to catch a burst in slo-mo when filming my vid but decided to keep that particular outtake off YouTube 😊 with the right pellets it doesn’t seem to happen though.

It’s definitely not ideal that it remains cocked unless you de-cock it, and you can’t always be sure you’ve shot the last pellet in the magazine. It would take some seriously disciplined kids to use one responsibly.

I love the idea of a little 10 year old getting bought one by there mum 😊 must have been like Christmas.

Lawrie’s Carbine looks amazing, next time I get something repaired by him I’ll drop it off and pester him for a gander at it.

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi,

You can't just post a comment like that and not include a picture or two.

Brian
    I've sent you a couple of pics Brian.
    Post on here if you wish.
    Regards
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Oh believe me it can!
    I think the shuttle timing can go out of kilter with certain pellets, then the 600 will just go full auto and Empties the magazine in about 1/4 of a second.
    It’s happened to me a few times over the years. Sometimes just a burst of 4 pellets, sometimes the full mag.
    I managed to catch a burst in slo-mo when filming my vid but decided to keep that particular outtake off YouTube �� with the right pellets it doesn’t seem to happen though.

It’s definitely not ideal that it remains cocked unless you de-cock it, and you can’t always be sure you’ve shot the last pellet in the magazine. It would take some seriously disciplined kids to use one responsibly.

I love the idea of a little 10 year old getting bought one by there mum �� must have been like Christmas.

Lawrie’s Carbine looks amazing, next time I get something repaired by him I’ll drop it off and pester him for a gander at it.

Matt.
    I took mine to a club once as a guest.

It jammed and the Range Officer grabbed it off me as I was trying to clear it.

I said do you know what that is?

He said no, so I suggested he put it down carefully before it fired 8 pellets simultaneously into his foot.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I've sent you a couple of pics Brian.
    Post on here if you wish.
    Regards
    Patrick
    Thanks Patrick. Did you obtain the grips from the U.S.or are they available from a UK source ?
    Brian

They were made by my Mate Dave.
    I sourced the wood.

He wouldn't do it again!

Here with the kind permission of Patrick are a couple of pictures of his lovely plated Crosman 600.

It's believed the pistol is one of 10 commissioned by Ingvar Alm the USA dealer. John Walker of Hull dealt with them and they were chromed by Quality Chroming of Hull. Apparently, only 4 remained here in the U.K.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 18-06-2019 at 01:23 PM.

High quality plating.

Wood grips by my mate Dave,who wont do them again!

Shoots better than average with signs of internal work too.

I have a nice boxed standard one for purists!

Thanks Brian