Thread: Bad deal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

With respect asking the OP to try and fix this gun is missing the point.

Also I recall that this isn't an FN12 but some sort of pistol/rifle combo.

The failure of the Seller to respond says it all.
    Yes I remember seeing the title when first advertised and being potentially interested myself, but as the photos were not of a Falcon factory-spec FN12 but what to me looked like an FN8 pistol fitted with (possibly) an FN12 cylinder and an aftermarket attachment and shoulder stock grafted on to the standard Falcon FN8 pistol grip, it wasn't for me.

Looked quite good though, although as I've said it wasn't (thankfully) for me, as [a] it was a little too Blake Seven looking for my liking (), and [b], if my assumption regarding its origins and assembly were correct, it was either going to shoot below 6ft.lb to comply with legal air pistol limits, or if it had been heavily modified internally to bring it up to nearer the 12ft.lb non FAC air rifle limit, personal experience has taught me that such hybrids can be problematic? ...

I also note that the seller hasn't at the time of scribing this been back on the BBS to see this thread, so let's give him a chance to catch up before cyber assassinating him, yes?

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 15-06-2019 at 11:42 AM. Reason: to suggest giving the seller time to see this thread before cyber assassinating him.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.