Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What pellets do you guys use for bell target.

Try JSB Express or RS pellets they’re a bit lighter. The shoot well out of my 6 ft/lb Feinwerkbau 300S
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

Dave,

The JSB RS, Express & Exact (and the Air Arms equivalents) also are on the soft side, so you may want to try them ?

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

What about RWS Hobby if no one else has mentioned them (not read whole thread ) as they're fairly soft
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I've always used H&N FTTs - very accurate and tend to work in most of my vintage arms (other than a large tangent sighted Millita that prefers Bisley Magnums).

Hope that helps.

John

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Dave
    What is going to be your favoured gun for your bell target shooting?.
    I know you have a few to choose from..
    Les..
    Initially I'm taking my LGR and an original V complete with a few worm holes. Just to demonstrate the range of rifles that can used.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Initially I'm taking my LGR and an original V complete with a few worm holes. Just to demonstrate the range of rifles that can used.

Dave
    Your LGR is ideal for the bell target ,I think I had a go with it at the Bash,and very nice it was too..
    I am after a Fwb 300s ,hopefully see one for sale at the Kempton fair.
    Les..

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    I've always used AA Fields leave a nice pip and not had any ricochets
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

The three leagues local to me which are the Bedworth A.R.L, the Nuneaton A.R.L. and the Hinckley A.R.L all use mainly R10 flat heads. These leave a nice central pip on the plate for easy marking and being flat head most of the energy it taken perpendicular to the plate, so hardly any come back, and those that do have no energy left in them at all. They might make it back six feet from the plate and that is about it.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

R10s are what I've always put through my target rifles, this is why I was so shocked with the amount and power of the ricochets, using accupels. The were reaching the back of the hall which is C 20 feet.

If they do leave a pip, they're ideal. Plus, I have tonnes of them.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Your LGR is ideal for the bell target ,I think I had a go with it at the Bash,and very nice it was too..
    I am after a Fwb 300s ,hopefully see one for sale at the Kempton fair.
    Les..
    You have shot the LGR, my favourite target rifle. Comes on aim for me spot on every time.

The mod V came from CraigP, it's a very characterful rifle. No bluing left, worm holes, looks ancient, but shoots a treat. Generally I walk the pellets into the hole in 3 or 4 shots. Nowhere near as clinical, but an absolute blast.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Most Bell Leagues require round head for the clear spot they leave for marking. We as a league have a 7ft/lb limit on rifles due to the fact that some targets are old and have electronic mechanisms that could be damaged; and we still get out-of-box rebounds, but they very rarely reach back to the shooter.
    We still have some of the older guns on the league, thank goodness, LGR's included and members use Superdome without any trouble, but we have JSB, H & N, Webley, AA, Crosman; that I know about, also there are new makers just entering the market so there's always something to look at. I know the LGR isn't big on power as such, but if you have a problem you could try the heavier pellets like Barracuda or JSB Heavy, but I'm not sure how the gun will handle with them.
    Hope there's some help for you.
    Just keep ringing a bell, that's the most important thing.
    Wolverhampton A. R. L. Chairman
    Last edited by abellringer; 15-06-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Right then chaps, have done a little testing this afternoon.

Pellet testing for bell target suitability https://imgur.com/gallery/k9mPwP1

What is clear, is that the domed pellets leave a much clearer pip for scoring than the R10s. I think the exacts leave the most precise pip. Power wise, nothing significant in either power or consistency.

I did this outside and so haven't been able to determine which rebound the least. Will do that at the first club night.

If anyone has any info on the original V, please let me know.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Pellet testing for bell target suitability https://imgur.com/gallery/k9mPwP1

Dave
    I wouldn't bother with any of those, Dave, they all missed the little hole in the middle.

Hope this helps ?

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I wouldn't bother with any of those, Dave, they all missed the little hole in the middle.

Hope this helps ?

All the best Mick

Twatt.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Twatt.

Dave

image.jpeg