Thread: Which Hawke Air Max Scope?

Which Hawke Air Max Scope?

Just getting into FT, really like my springers and am planning to buy an AA Prosport in .177. Rather fancied one of the Hawke Airmax range of scopes, but wondered about which of the four side-focussing models to opt for given the intended use? 3-12, 4-16, 6-24, or 8-32....all x50

Guessing that in terms of magnification, "more" might not necessarily be better and the shorter the scope the less likely it will be to make loading fiddly by obstructing the loading port.

Any advice on this for a competition newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers guys

As you say, obstructing the loading port will limit what you can fit. There's no substitute for actually trying scope against gun and, even more importantly, seeing if the scope suits your eye. Unless there's a better shop closer to you, you should take yourself and your gun to the shop in Berkhamsted and see what works.

People who actually shoot FT should be able to give you a better idea of what's suitable. I'm coming at it from 'the other side of the counter'. It's always funny when a customer puts a really long scope on a break-barrel springer then finds he can't cock it.

I have a few air maxs and today I bought a hawke vantage 30 wa sf ir and for me the vantage blows the air max out the water and it was a little cheaper than a air max