Thread: Diana G25 ‘made in Great Britain’ (shed find!)

Thumbs up Diana G25 ‘made in Great Britain’ (shed find!)

Well, to cut long stories short, I received a call from my mother, who is starting to get the wrong side of batty these days, only to say that she had ‘found the air rifle I was looking for’!!
    Now, I really thought the old girl had lost it this time - but she hadn’t...
    After turning up for a quick visit, and getting my ear bent for not seeing or calling her enough, she produced the body of an old air rifle wrapped in newspapers. After the initial horror of seeing the surface rust and the naked state (no stock) I suddenly recognised the front hooded sight - it was my old Diana G25 in 177 - my first ever air rifle! Blimey - I thought it had long gone or my youngest sibling had knabbed it and left it in one of the hovels he was living in at the time (he was a bit of a magpie like that).
    Anyway, I asked about the stock, but I got a blank look and thought I had better quit whilst I was ahead.
    However, all the stock screws are still in the action!??
    So I got it home and sprayed it with oil to stop the rot. Then I broke the barrel open and the leather seal was looking rather good! So I ran the barrel through to get rid of the crud, cocked it (nice and smooth!) loaded it up with some eley wasps (red tin) that she also produced at the time and I fired it off with easy. Cha-ching and Blimey both at the same time! So I did it again and it made a nice crisp hole in the target. I thought I had better leave it at that and let the oil do its thing, before I attack the rust.
    So all I need now is a stock, trigger guard and the ladder for the rear sight that is missing, and I’ll be away.(I’m not sure the scope rail will hold a little optic?)
    Did I mention it must have been in the shed for at least two decades, maybe three! A testament to a solid piece of engineering. And a great youth rifle too from memory.
    I have really got into my old springers recently, and having this returned to me must be serendipity.

Here is a link to one in its complete form...
    https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/1408...o_restore.html

Atb
    Jon
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Sights

I have had a search through my spares and have found a set of sights for a Milbro 27 which are the same except the
    base is spot welded not dovetailed , but the bits you want are the same and all there .
    £6 posted ?

Cheers Crowbar

Thumbs up Great

That’s very good of you mate. 👍 PM me your payment details please?
    Atb
    Jon

Try Protek in Bognor they may have stock for you. They always go to the Kempton arms fayre so do what I do and get them to bring what you want with them.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Sights

Posted 1st class this afternoon .

Cheers Crowbar

Arrived today. Many thanks.
    Atb
    Jon