Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your hunting springer set up?

bossmugler is offline More breaking even than breaking bad
    VMACH HW97 in .22 with a custom stock and topped off with a mamba lite 3-12x44 scope. Quite a heavy beast, but does a sterling job on squizzers.

Bsa supersport .22 topped with a silver antler 4x32

hw80k.177 with a hawke airmax 2-7x32

prosport .177 with hawke airmax 2-7x32

hw77k.177 hawke airmax compact 3-12x40ir
    BSA SUPERSPORT .22
    Ripley ar5s .177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB

I use a TX200hc .177 with Hawke Sport 4x32ao duplex and FAPs - it's good but, I'll admit that it doesn't shoot as nicely as the .22 TX that I used to have.
    The weight is good for stability. The clicky ABT doesn't take long to get used to and, I've quickly grown to appreciate the simplicity of the scope.
    The lighter, thinner pellets seem to collapse well on impact.

I really want to try my .22 '77k - I think it's going to do well - I just need to find the time off work to actually put some more time into it.

All of the above.

Not done any serious hunting/pest control for ages.

When I did:

80s: FWB 127 with ASI brand 4x40 Japanese scope.

90s: CS thumbhole early HW77K .177” with Venom kit, contemporary silencer, and Leupold VariX2 3-9x40.

And, occasionally, HW77K tyro, .177”, with Venom kit, contemporary silencer, and Leupold VariX3 1.5-6x32.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Ooops. Had to re read my post there to realise I dropped the .25 Airking into the equation again. Must stop doing that!
    Aye. It's the proverbial pole axe on the squirrels at the range I'm shooting at and capable at longer range too but I'm just starting to get used to the AMX reticle on the Hawke. Excellent scope btw. Superb clarity and the reticle aim points are great but the cross hairs a little fine and can get lost a bit in the shadows and dark foliage of the canopy.
    That 56 sounds mighty interesting. I've read and heard of the work Tony does on springers and I don't think he could have picked a better basis of a mod like his than the semi recoilless Dianas. I bet it will be sublime mate and would like to hear your take on things.
    The 56 is very much a bench gun I think though (or so it would seem to me at least). I've not given it a try out really but it's in the rack above the upgraded floor joist section in the loft conversion.
    I wouldn't say no to getting this one here modified at some point, but I have something of a backlog with other projects, one being to refurbish an old Diana 45 jubilee and .177 50T01 pair, another a spit n polish on a pro elite.
    Please do give some feedback on the 56TH.
    Dave
    Will do Dave... I have a little bit of time off this week so plan to chuck a fair few pellets through it!

HW90K .20 Cal (floating inertia removed) with Yukon Craft 4x32 IR
    Last edited by tmstech; 16-06-2019 at 11:45 AM. Reason: added.
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Will do Dave... I have a little bit of time off this week so plan to chuck a fair few pellets through it!
    Cracking stuff. Looking forward to hearing of it. Practically no recoil with these in standard trim. After the work, well we shall see
    Dave

They are in my signature...
    But hopefully soon to be a theoben fenman in .20 flavour. Not sure on scope for it yet though

Elmer
    Ps 3 ferrets and 2 nets now
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

My go to set up is now a hw99s .177 and a leopold 3-9x it used to be my hw 80k .22 but i found it hold sensitive. The 99 is just more accurate when you are walking about. Both were very accurate shooting on a bench.
    mk2 rapid.22

Walther Terrus , synthetic stock , screwcut barrel with Hugget Belita with a leapers 2x7x32 scope , using JSB heavies at 10.34gr .
    Awesome in the farmyard and pretty damn good in the meadows .

OK so at 12ftlbs scopes not really needed but, bigbut why not get the best you can be that size or quality "ooo er madam" Surely being able to see the little bugger that's going to get it is better than not? And with the larger big bit the more light that will come through when going dusk! All makes almost sense to me! Russ. But, I must admit I do like open iron sights, guess it's more of a challenge

Guns and boats .... works for me

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Cracking stuff. Looking forward to hearing of it. Practically no recoil with these in standard trim. After the work, well we shall see
    Dave
    Well Dave, the weather has done for me this week.... Hopefully next week!

Hatsan S60 .22 with El cheapo Nikko scope.
    Hatsan 125 .25 with another El cheapo Nikko scope.
    Both good game getters with H&N FTT and Crosman ammo.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

barf zader

used two guns in Suffolk where I used to hunt,

Tuned HW 98 .177 with MTC Mamba at 6\8x H&N FTT pellets bit chunky rig but as I used to hunt from the car no worries,

Brocock Compatto .177 MTC Mamba at 6\8x JSB Exacts in 4.53 flavour, good hitter and can turn down the power for indoor ratting.

In shadowy or dark areas just click on the illumination button on the Mamba well handy.

All the best everyone.

Main: B&C full monty HW80KS .22, Optima 3-9x56AO Moonlighter and Webley QGS Silencer
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.