Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: general licences

general licences

Hi all, good new ! there been changes to the general licences yesterday, the changes started today please read basc or gamekeeper web sites.

already used the conservation license this morning

yes we can go out and shoot away. till WJ start up again.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman56 View Post
    yes we can go out and shoot away. till WJ start up again.
    And it's comments and attitudes like 'we can go and shoot away' that won't help when wild justice goes for round 2.

Anybody who is shooting birds under the new licence needs to have read them and FULLY understand them before shooting at any birds. Just because the bird is on the gl it doesn't mean (and never has) that the birds are fair game.

After the chaos caused by natural England revoking the old gl we all need to be very careful what we are doing and seen to be doing.

How many people just went out yesterday and today and started shooting birds without reading the new gl? And how many will be able to justify their shooting under the gl if questioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lewis View Post
    And it's comments and attitudes like 'we can go and shoot away' that won't help when wild justice goes for round 2.

Anybody who is shooting birds under the new licence needs to have read them and FULLY understand them before shooting at any birds. Just because the bird is on the gl it doesn't mean (and never has) that the birds are fair game.

After the chaos caused by natural England revoking the old gl we all need to be very careful what we are doing and seen to be doing.

How many people just went out yesterday and today and started shooting birds without reading the new gl? And how many will be able to justify their shooting under the gl if questioned?
    Talking out of your aris, 99.99% of people who know what the GL is and know about the whole debacle are fully aware of what birds can and cannot be shot: why? well they would have read it!

Goodbye
    Last edited by Jackel; 15-06-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatofmendez View Post
    Talking out of your aris, 99.99% of people who know what the GL is and know about the whole debacle are fully aware of what birds can and cannot be shot: why? well they would have read it!
    The fact some people carried as normal when you had to apply for the license shows that there is people out there that won't read the General License or work within its guidelines .

There is people out there that never knew there was a general license at all. Out shooting pigeons in their garden for pooping on the decking which was illegal in all the licenses .

The fact remains ,there is people out there shooting at wildbirds and they don't give a stuff about the general licenses .

And I bet the amount is less than 99.99% 😉

Frome BASC,s Facebook page . A guy admitting he just carried on shooting regardless. I bet there was loads more doing the same.

https://m.imgur.com/a/8CGmnFp

These people are the ones that's going to get the lawful ones stopped from carrying out the work.
    Last edited by bighit; 15-06-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    The fact some people carried as normal when you had to apply for the license shows that there is people out there that won't read the General License or work within its guidelines .

There is people out there that never knew there was a general license at all. Out shooting pigeons in their garden for pooping on the decking which was illegal in all the licenses .

The fact remains ,there is people out there shooting at wildbirds and they don't give a stuff about the general licenses .

And I bet the amount is less than 99.99% 😉

Frome BASC,s Facebook page . A guy admitting he just carried on shooting regardless. I bet there was loads more doing the same.

https://m.imgur.com/a/8CGmnFp

These people are the ones that's going to get the lawful ones stopped from carrying out the work.
    Everyone should have just kept on shooting!!!chicken after chicken,pig after pig,cow after cow is killed for a supermarket and I cant take a pigeon or two for the pot???
    The uk is an absolute joke of a place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie-L View Post
    Everyone should have just kept on shooting!!!chicken after chicken,pig after pig,cow after cow is killed for a supermarket and I cant take a pigeon or two for the pot???

And here's another example of why we can't be trusted with guns

Are you for real? Breaking the law while in possession of a firearm is not a good idea .

Taking two for the pot was not a legal option on the licenses . If that is the only reason that you are shooting them ,then your are doing so illegally.

You are licensed to shoot them for protection of crops or health reasons if other methods have been tried or proved to be ineffective.

If you're going to make bell-end comments like that stick to FB with the other pond life.

All birds are protected by law, the GL provides a limited exception to that legal protection.

If you can't obey the law, sell your guns

Point taken.you lot just like down and take it then.i didnt say I do it or did it BUT why shouldn't i be able to catch and kill my own food??

Point taken.you lot just like down and take it then.i didnt say I do it or did it BUT why shouldn't i be able to catch and kill my own food??
    You can but only under certain laws.

It's not a case of lying down it's called acting with in the laws we are given. That does not say we agree with them but to carry on doing our hobby or work then we have to follow those laws.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    You can but only under certain laws.

It's not a case of lying down it's called acting with in the laws we are given. That does not say we agree with them but to carry on doing our hobby or work then we have to follow those laws.
    I'll rephrase then.why cant I catch and humainly kill my own food simply to eat so I dont have to buy meat that has had god knows what done to it from a supermarket?what is wrong with that?absolutely nothing!!!

I'll rephrase then.why cant I catch and humainly kill my own food simply to eat so I dont have to buy meat that has had god knows what done to it from a supermarket?what is wrong with that?absolutely nothing!!!
    Morally, nothing at all.

But, some things are better left unsaid mate

All of the above.