Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: general licences

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Morally, nothing at all.

But, some things are better left unsaid mate
    I know what your saying and yeah comments like mine will be used against me but would everyone stop eating meat if the government all of a sudden turned round and said it's not right to eat meat.by the looks of it most people would just go along with it and spread their bum cheeks and accept a good rodding.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lewis View Post
    If I'm talking out of my aris (when trying to make a serious point about shooting) then you are a *****
    And it's ***** like you that will give wild justice (and other anti shooting groups) all the evidence that they need
    Do us a favour and stop circumventing the swear filter, I don't care how strongly you feel, there is no reason to put this language in GA which is open to the public.

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Apologies for not catching it sooner gents

I was busy elsewhere

received_783842975400444.jpg
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie-L View Post
    I know what your saying and yeah comments like mine will be used against me but would everyone stop eating meat if the government all of a sudden turned round and said it's not right to eat meat.by the looks of it most people would just go along with it and spread their bum cheeks and accept a good rodding.
    I get where you're coming from mate but, you've just picked the wrong audience at the wrong time.

By all means use what you shoot - I've always advocated that but, it's a sign of the times that we have to be seen to stick within the rules.

All of the above.

I'll rephrase then.why cant I catch and humainly kill my own food simply to eat so I dont have to buy meat that has had god knows what done to it from a supermarket?what is wrong with that?absolutely nothing!!!
    You can go fishing .you can hunt rabbits or deer with the relevent authority correct ?

You are allowed to eat pigeons that you have controlled under the general license under the conditions set out in the general license .

If you have been controlling pigeons to stop them eating the farmers crops then you are allowed to take them home to eat.
    Just shooting them for food is not legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I get where you're coming from mate but, you've just picked the wrong audience at the wrong time.

By all means use what you shoot - I've always advocated that but, it's a sign of the times that we have to be seen to stick within the rules.
    I know,and I know what I'm saying is far fetched(for now)but what if it went that way and the government did take the stance that eating meat was wrong and banned it?would you lie down and accept it?I know for a fact some of the people commenting on here would accept it whole heartedly and ask for some squirted on their faces at the same time.

I know,and I know what I'm saying is far fetched(for now)but what if it went that way and the government did take the stance that eating meat was wrong and banned it?would you lie down and accept it?I know for a fact some of the people commenting on here would accept it whole heartedly and ask for some squirted on their faces at the same time.
    You're missing the point and coming at this from a hypothetical situation. The Law says that you can eat certain wild birds which you have humanely shot under the conditions of the GL, what it doesn't say is that you can simply and casually pop off a couple for pie making activities.

Yes if the Govt were to ban eating meat, far fetched as that may seem, we would have to comply. If someone had said to me when I passed my driving test that petrol engined cars would be banned in my lifetime I would have seen that as far fetched but we are where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    You're missing the point and coming at this from a hypothetical situation. The Law says that you can eat certain wild birds which you have humanely shot under the conditions of the GL, what it doesn't say is that you can simply and casually pop off a couple for pie making activities.

Yes if the Govt were to ban eating meat, far fetched as that may seem, we would have to comply. If someone had said to me when I passed my driving test that petrol engined cars would be banned in my lifetime I would have seen that as far fetched but we are where we are.
    And that is the problem with this country,people just lie down and take it.
    Oh and I get the point.its illegal and I should fall into line.well I'm a target shooter and if I had permission to shoot over I'd carry on regardless

Point taken.you lot just like down and take it then.i didnt say I do it or did it BUT why shouldn't i be able to catch and kill my own food??
    Ah, now that is a totally different argument to obeying the laws & rules that are in force at any given time.

The answer is probably that some people would exploit it & shoot them on an industrial scale, so in effect they would not be protected.

But they are protected except where they are causing a serious problem to crops.