Thread: Sales

Sales

It's a shame that a few problem sales on here are being reported.

I have made good friends on this site and bought many guns from them,albeit not via post.

They have also bought from me.
    Although I have never advertised guns for sale on this or any other site.

Their are chaps on here who trust me and vice versa including on payment and delivery.

But if you buy from an unknown seller via post the phrase Buyer Beware should be uppermost in your mind.

The advantage of this site is that you can search a sellers Posts which give you some idea of the person you are dealing with.
    If he does nothing but buy and sell and shows no interest in other topics forget it.
    There is always another airgun.

Seems strange to sell any rifle or pistol with this problem, usually an easy problem to sort. The seller picked a good name.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I agree with Patric (aka gingernut), as buying a splendid rifle of him coupled with our first 'real time' meeting at Binner's Kempton (and a shared interest in Co2 Cowboy revolvers, lol ), is how we became friends -- and long may said kindred connection last.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Emotional

Let's not forget that some well known people on here have in the past done the dirty on buyers so you can't just rely on their posts in other sections.

I have bought and sold a few things on here and had no problems.

Seems I must have been lucky,the few guns I've bought on this forum sight unseen, have all been better than described by the sellers.

There in lies the rub,condition descriptions being an objective subject.

I don’t believe i’ve been ripped off, instead my whole buying by post experience has been inconvenient and additionally expensive.

I have bought things off this forum in the past from members by post and in person and had few bad experiences.

I seldom take part in forum discussions, unless I absolutely feel compelled to do so, and this is because I found I would be spending far to much time defending my race, creed and religion instead of enjoying the shooting sport.

just because we post in sales only, doesn’t mean we don’t make up the silent majority, who prefer to read rather than stick their oar in.

Yet I agree with you all, buyer beware, it’s certainly not the forums fault.
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

After a bad experience buying I avoid sellers from a specific area. There is at least one person from there with multiple accounts across forums who just activates another sleeper account when caught out. The mods on here nailed the guy who ripped me off and killed off his alternate account at the same time. I have been on here long enough to have a pretty good idea of definite “good guys”

I find some buyers are best avoided , I have recently given up air guns,most sales went OK but some buyers want as new for a fraction of the price So I sent most of my guns to a general auction I got less money but no hassle

Quote Originally Posted by BALD ERIC View Post
    I find some buyers are best avoided , I have recently given up air guns,most sales went OK but some buyers want as new for a fraction of the price So I sent most of my guns to a general auction I got less money but no hassle
    Buyers want what you’ve advertised. Fellow airgun member courtesy is to advertise the condition of the gun correctly and provide clear photos, if you intend to post the item.

I have purchased items that have been described as excellent or as new, but when they arrive they don’t function correctly and are far from excellent in condition. I would think some sellers need their eyes testing.

theres nothing worse than receiving a package being all excited and then when you open it you find a piece of turd inside.
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggsmakaveli View Post
    Buyers want what you’ve advertised. Fellow airgun member courtesy is to advertise the condition of the gun correctly and provide clear photos, if you intend to post the item.

I have purchased items that have been described as excellent or as new, but when they arrive they don’t function correctly and are far from excellent in condition. I would think some sellers need their eyes testing.

theres nothing worse than receiving a package being all excited and then when you open it you find a piece of turd inside.
    l have only sold on here in reply to the wanted section. and l have always sent lots of photos which l find is the best way. and of cause the working condition.

Think most people are honest, on most forums, very hard to totally weed out the odd few that are intent on being dishonest
    Last edited by neilgriffs; 16-06-2019 at 05:05 PM.

I've bought a pistol, rifles and scopes on the BBS and not had any problem personally
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I am not a huge seller on here but generally Inlook at how long a member what posts and forums do they contribute too and how many posts and their style/content.

As far as I recall.....nothing I have sold has been anything other than I describe it.

A few items I have purchased have not been as described but I either sent it back and got refunded or accepted them.

If its a big spend gun I WILL TRAVEL. You dont have proper protection as a purchaser if 2nd hand gear. Even if they have a long and good record.... I will make sure I go and try expensive stuff.

It aint rocket science. Its common sense
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

For the likes of the theoben rapid, air arms 410 etc and bsa along with weihrauch can all come with their own faults but mostly sorted cheap, The newer guns £1,500 plus along with electronics however can become quite costly if a problem occurs, These newer ones dont seem to be made with the same quality either , Apart from a mk2 vermi it's about as new as I've gone and gone back to the slightly older guns as any problem would be sorted quickly and cheaply, Myself I would take into consideration the price of a back to base service if I bought any second hand of the more expensive types which have come out over the last couple of years as it could be quite possible that even the seller may not be aware of an existing problem, Unless cheap I would rather spend the extra and buy new , Some of these guns are not cheap these days and unfortunately there is some out there that will sell a lemon,