Thread: Bad Deal With Jasond642

Bad Deal With Jasond642

It gives me no pleasure to do this Jason Davies from Doncaster, but you leave me no choice but to put this out on the public forum.

I purchased two pistols off Jason Davies from Doncaster, who claimed on text, PM and on the phone both pistols where in as new condition hardly used or zeroed.

The first a Umarex race gun arrived missing the side fixed top rail, which he claimed never came with the pistol. Not only did the mag leak (which he already mentioned) the gun failed to hold co2 for more than five minutes with the other mag in, whilst not even being shot and the pellets literally fell out of the barrel two feet in front of me when the pistol was fired. The condition of the gun was far from as new or nearly new or even excellent as he described it, instead it had scuff marks and areas covered with permanent marker all over it.

The second pistol I unfortunately bought off him, before the first one was delivered arrived in more or less the same condition and shot exactly the same, accept this one a P226 had a loose top slide, loose barrel and a fast leak on the blow back valve, a local airgun tuner opened up the pistol and confirmed this. I sent Jason Davies from Doncaster a photo's on what's app showing him the damage. Jason also failed to send me the CO2 and silencer adaptor he had advertised, claiming later the adaptor was damaged and the co2 would only get intercepted and destroyed ( I also agreed sending CO2 was dangerous via Royal Mail and an alternative courier would need to be used).

Now after some long heated discussions over the phone, we agreed I would keep both pistols, providing I could repair them without incurring to much additional expense. In a subsequent discussion with Jason Davies from Doncaster, he agreed to contribute to the repair of the P226 (only £12.50 which he agreed to reimburse 5 days after the phone call), yet I haven't seen a penny. He also agreed to send me the silencer adaptor and the co2 that was missing from the first transaction, again which he hasn't done. I don't care how he gets these items to me, but he has a responsibility to do so. Here is the message I sent him on what's app.

Jason
    Following our discussion and your illegal recording of my phone conversations. I want to be reasonable and allow you a final opportunity to resolve this issue in a timely gentlemen like manner.

i sent you a photo of the inside of the P226 a photo taken by a fellow airgun tuner, who told me the blowback valve had deteriorated and was probably due to CO2 being left in the pistol for a prolonged time. You confirmed to me in a telephone conversation that you had left a charged CO2 bulb in the pistol for around 6 months, and we both agreed this is what constituted the deterioration of the blow back valve. The photo clearly illustrated the valve had corroded.

i informed you a replacement valve and housing (all one unit, that had to be purchased together) was going to cost £25 and in order for me to avoid returning the pistol to you I requested you pay £12.50 only half the cost of the valve. I also requested you agree to pay this before the repair was carried out or I would not have the repair done instead I would return the pistol to you. You agreed to pay the £12.50 by PayPal by Wednesday 12th June 2019.

just so you know. The repair and service cost me £30 and two return trips from Preston to the airgun tuner in Blackburn cost me an additional £15 in fuel (I already told you this). All In All this has cost me an additional £45 and now you have refused to pay the £12.50 you said you would.

you also said as per your advert you would send me the silencer adaptor and CO2 you advertised with the gun, you still haven’t sent me these and it is your responsibility to get these to me as per our initial sale agreement (everything for £90 posted).

you are still avoiding my calls. You intentionally sold me two defective pistols, yet I gave you the benefit of the doubt as you kept denying you did it intentionally.

You screamed like a child on the phone protesting I wasn’t allowing you to speak, yet you haven’t had the decency to reply to my messages on here. I sent you a copy of this message on WhatsApp, and I asked you to send me the silencer adaptor and CO2 (items I’ve already paid for). I also reiterated since you are not a man of your word I won’t be expecting you to honour your agreement to reimburse me £12.50. You requested a receipt for the repair, unfortunately the repair was carried out by a airgun tuner and I paid for the repair in cash and did not get a receipt, I won’t drive back to Blackburn just to get a hand written receipt, this would just cost me more time and money. Since you are being unreasonable I asked you forget the £12.50 I guess you need it more than I do.

I suggested we dealt with this issue outside of the open forum, instead you resorted to sending me abusive messages on WhatsApp like this one

“You are talking Bollocks and you are dishonest. You bullshitting twat. You got the guns for peanuts so don't take the puss you f*I*n*g dickhead”

Now my response to this regardless of what I got the guns for, I bought them on the pretence they did not leak as you advertised, and I bought them under the pretence I would get all the bits you advertised.

Do you really think a silencer adaptor and 5 x CO2 bulbs will make all the difference to me and my pocket, this is simply a matter of principle, your lies have already cost me enough, I want what you owe me, so you can understand that deliberately withholding items or misleading people is wrong and has consequences.

Unfortunately contacting the mods didn't help me with this, so I've just resorted to naming and shaming him. The whole things has cost me time and money, I would consider this issues resolved if Jason Davies from Doncaster would man up and send me my silencer adaptor and co2, items I've already paid for.

I offered to drive to Doncaster and conclude this matter in person, my offer Jason Davies from Doncaster still stands. I will be happy to drive to Doncaster and return the pistol to you for a full refund. I won't post the pistols back to you unless you return my money first, you Jason Davies from Doncaster simply cannot be trusted.

Regards

Ray
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

personal would never buy unseen, too many scammers and traders on sites like freeads etc always considered pretty safe on here though..
    Last edited by sparkeyman; 15-06-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    whale oil beef hooked

Sympathy.
    I have put a post on General about dodgy sales.
    I think the point I make there applies here.

I doubt any carrier would knowingly carry the co2 anyway unless the seller had a relevent trade account with the carrier of choice. The seller was correct in what he said.

The rest of the issue is valid and the seller should reimburse you.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I doubt any carrier would knowingly carry the co2 anyway unless the seller had a relevent trade account with the carrier of choice. The seller was correct in what he said.

The rest of the issue is valid and the seller should reimburse you.
    I agree with you on the issue of Co2, yet the seller continues to send me abusive messages and refuses to accept he owes me for both items I have already paid for. I want them simply because I am seriously annoyed, out of pocket and out of shear principal.

It can’t be that hard to pick up the silencer adaptor, put it in an envelope and post it to me, it’s a small ask after everything I’ve had to go through to get both pistols to shoot correctly.

A little understanding on the sellers part will go a long way, in fact I now only want the silencer adaptor forget the CO2 I do not expect him to break any postage rules. I have sent him a message reiterating this.

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Unfortunately contacting the mods didn't help me with this

I take this a bit personal,,, As discussed on the reply to your email,I contacted Jason and asked him to contact you.

I also advised that as you had his phone number that is a point of contact,,, Below is the exact reply I send you

Give him a day or so to reply,,, I see that you have his phone number which is a point of contact.... I will send him a PM with read request asking him to contact you as well
    You Pm'ed him 1 day after recieving the pistols (which is why I advised to give him a day or two to reply as some people work and have limited brower time)

You have all his details,Or should have due to dealing with him (bank account,address,name, phone number),,, I only have the details which are on this board

We also removed his sales,which he will have to contact you to get back so I'm a little perplexed as to why you have said we couldn't help you when we have done all we are able to?
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post

I take this a bit personal,,, As discussed on the reply to your email,I contacted Jason and asked him to contact you.

I also advised that as you had his phone number that is a point of contact,,, Below is the exact reply I send you

You Pm'ed him 1 day after recieving the pistols (which is why I advised to give him a day or two to reply as some people work and have limited brower time)

You have all his details,Or should have due to dealing with him (bank account,address,name, phone number),,, I only have the details which are on this board

We also removed his sales,which he will have to contact you to get back so I'm a little perplexed as to why you have said we couldn't help you when we have done all we are able to?
    What ? You and all the other Mods did not jump in your souped up focus MK1 and did not chap on the sellers door and ask him to sort this out ?

I thought better of you guys 😞.

😉

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    What ? You and all the other Mods did not jump in your souped up focus MK1 and did not chap on the sellers door and ask him to sort this out ?

I thought better of you guys 😞.

😉
    I find that even more insulting Mk2 please
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

My apologies, my comment was not meant in that way. You (mods) did in-fact contact me with instructions of how to proceed and I did as you asked. Unfortunately your assistance did not help me resolve the issue and couldn’t (yes you did everything you could reasonably do), again like I said in my topic post this is no fault of the forums.

I found further agreements with the seller where made in his part as false, and I have resorted to blocking all communication with the seller in an attempt to avoid any further abuse he is sending my way.

I feel I've come to the end with this and the end of my rant.

please close this thread so I can put the whole thing behind me.

kind Regards
    ray