Thread: UKBR22 Website

UKBR22 Website

Unfortunately the guy who has been hosting the UKBR22 website has pulled the plug on us with little/no notice. This only came to light during a committee meeting this lunchtime and steps are already in hand to rectify the situation ASAP.
    Whilst inconvenient this does not affect the normal day to day running of the Association and the
    postal competitions are continuing as normal with temporary arrangements in progress for distribution of scores until normal service is resumed.
    Any rumours re the demise of UKBR22 are pure fiction with maybe a big chunk of wishful thinking in some quarters
    Robb H

Mods, I hope this isn’t out of order, it’s not my intention to promote the Association but merely to inform our members who frequent this forum.
    My Toys:-

FWB P70FT+Elite 4200 6-24x40.
    Sako Range+Leupold VXIII6.5-20x40 EFR.
    Anschutz 1407 + B & L 36x
    Marlin .38 CBC Underlever+Marbles tang sight.
    Remington 12c Pump action.
    Martini Henry Bonehill conversion with Greener Barrel.

What next

Speak your truth quietly & clearly and listen to others,
    even the dull & ignorant, they too have their story.

Thanks for the information Robb.
    John F.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Thanks for the info Robb.
    Regards, Gordon
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

what realy happend

Mr Harrison,

With regards to the closing down of the UKBR22 website. My intentions not to continue to run and manage the site were muted to a committee member Mr Colin Rose over 3 months ago.

Since my initial notification I have e-mailed and spoken face to face with Mr Colin Rose on two occasions and have emailed your Chairman Mr Carl Hanson

My last e-mail being from your Chairman approximately 2 weeks ago.

I have offered advice on how to set up a UKBR22 facebook page to assist in the posting of postal competition results while you arrange a new website

I have also offered help in the transition of the Domain name and all the data required.

If as you say it has come "As a bolt out of the blue" then the fault lies with your committee not myself!

As you have had over 3 months to sort this

G Freeman.

Graham,
    Planet Freeman has few inhabitants, in the real world communication and a little forbearance goes a long way to avoiding such situations as we now find ourselves in.
    I guess you’re not familiar with ‘no names, no pack drill’, the opening post was for information and I took pains to avoid any mud slinging, I’m sorry you felt it necessary to ‘out’ yourself.
    As you know, the matter is, hopefully, coming to an amicable conclusion, your cheque will be in the post tomorrow.
    Robb H

What next

Graham,

It appears that the breakdown in communication on this matter is entirely the fault of the UKBR22 Management Committee, my failure to check the facts has resulted in an unfounded attack on your integrity.

These posts were penned by myself, no other MC member was involved.

I hope you will accept my unreserved apologies for the inaccurate comments and any subsequent embarrassment these may have caused you.

Robb H.

What next

Quote Originally Posted by Romah View Post
    Graham,

It appears that the breakdown in communication on this matter is entirely the fault of the UKBR22 Management Committee, my failure to check the facts has resulted in an unfounded attack on your integrity.

These posts were penned by myself, no other MC member was involved.

I hope you will accept my unreserved apologies for the inaccurate comments and any subsequent embarrassment these may have caused you.

Robb H.
    Time to get the MC sorted,if the MC is not liasing we will continue to have problems.tis time to set up a proper UKBR22 website that can be used by members to connect with each other and also appoint a member of the MC that will actually keep the membership aware and updated of what is happening
    within our association.
    I know what work you do Robb,but where are the rest of the MC when members are wanting information.
    I am writing on here because I have no other means of contact with the loss of my access to the British Benchrest Shooting Forum. John F.