Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th/8th September 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Less of your frippery, Young Boingy Glasshopper!

I'm expecting Airgun World to drop through the letter box at the weekend and with it, hopefully, a little Boinger Basheroony article, complete with photo art by Dave, Melv and your good self.

Fingers crossed!
    That’ll be pretty quick then Tone if it is in the next edition 😎 I haven’t been buying it on a very regular basis over the past couple of years so let us know if it’s The Bash edition and I’ll make sure I get a copy.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Will do, Pauly.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Smile Wednesday's the day!

Sorry for the cloak and dagger tactics peeps, but I really don't want to jinx myself and say too much.

Will let you know the full, shocking, details on Wednesday evening.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Sounds like someone is on a promise
    Pete

Mmmmm.......daren't say too much, Pete, but at least I won't be keeping people in suspenders (?) for too long.

VR46 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Often admired the immaculate navy blue Landy parked near your yard Mick.

ATB
    Gwyn
    The bride and groom left the church in that one, Gwyn.

They were supposed to set off for the reception in a SWB Series 2A but it broke down on the way to the church.

They should have asked FAE to give it the once over beforehand.

BTW, Mick, did you manage to suss out whereabouts in Ibiza you were?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    The bride and groom left the church in that one, Gwyn.

They were supposed to set off for the reception in a SWB Series 2A but it broke down on the way to the church.
    Oh dear Mick: Jack Jones once said: 'The line between anecdotage & dotage is very thin!'

So, when I was an apprentice at B'ham Public Works Dept (1953 ish), the mechanics runnabout was an early Landrover SWB. I remember at least 3 gear levers, with black, yellow and red knobs to manage the fourwheel drive with high and low gear ratios, P.T.O. etc. I think the engine was unusual, in that it had overhead inlet and side exhaust valves.

They were good days.......If you looked over your shoulder you could still remember bombers over Brum and the first post-war bananas.

I'll get my coat.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

So beautifully written, Gwyn, the image is so clear and I can almost imagine myself back in those times.

Nice one.

Managed to get a nice, different plinky plonky in earlier.

Don't know if any of you fine peeps had seen my thread in the Pistol section regarding the copper coated lead BB? Managed to buy some today and enjoyed a very pleasurable couple of hours with the little Umarex Walther PPK shooting paper targets in my steel pellet trap, something that I couldn't do with steel BBs.

I don't have the space and suitable back stop material to use the little thing as intended, mangling all manners of targets at different ranges, but this at least allows me to finally use the thing. And my pellet trap is quite large, so I'll be able to stick some smaller cans and assorted other targets inside it.

Great fun!

And tomorrow night I'll hopefully be reporting on a new addition........

45 to go, peeps.

And just two for the keys, Pauly.

BOING BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    They should have asked FAE to give it the once over beforehand.
    I'll explain that one when I see you, Tone.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL
    BTW, Mick, did you manage to suss out whereabouts in Ibiza you were?
    The Occedental, San Antonio bay --- we'll not be returning.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Oh dear Mick: Jack Jones once said: 'The line between anecdotage & dotage is very thin!'

So, when I was an apprentice at B'ham Public Works Dept (1953 ish), the mechanics runnabout was an early Landrover SWB. I remember at least 3 gear levers, with black, yellow and red knobs to manage the fourwheel drive with high and low gear ratios, P.T.O. etc. I think the engine was unusual, in that it had overhead inlet and side exhaust valves.

They were good days.......If you looked over your shoulder you could still remember bombers over Brum and the first post-war bananas.

I'll get my coat.

ATB
    Gwyn
    I'm not an expert, Gwyn, but I think the inlet over exhaust engine was used in the Series 1 Landrover and the very, very early Series 2s before the change to the overhead valve motor.

The gear levers were a bit fun weren't they, the black knob was the four speed main box, then a second gear knob for high and low gears, then a third knob on the floor you pushed for four wheel drive, then you could have a fourth knob for overdrive or PTO.

I only ever ran one series vehicle, a Series 3 Lightweight, but it didn't last long after I discovered how much petrol it drank.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Come on Tony it's spill the beans time
    Pete