Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th/8th September 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I've been playing with my new pets :-

Attachment 291994
    Awwww, look at dem!

Have you named them yet, Mick?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Mel's one is the one she swapped with froggy tone.
    My 97 was a treat before going on hols as it's in .22, I already have .177 and .25

🙄
    Gotcha! I'd forgotten the swap, Jamie. Does it glow in the dark?

Hope you love them when you get to play.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Well I've just come back from a fortnight in the med tone! Something is glowing in the dark 🤣😇🤭

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    Don't forget guys,
    there will be some archery action at the bash this time,
    so if you have a bow and arrows,
    bring them with you !
    Have we got to wear green tights and silly hat with a feather in it .

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Pictures please, Ray.

Hat optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Well I've just come back from a fortnight in the med tone! Something is glowing in the dark 🤣😇🤭
    I told you to put plenty of sun cream on your nose, Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I've been playing with my new pets :-

Attachment 291994
    Lovely things Mick, kind of you; sadly v.rarely seen in Nth London, even then only passed away or beyond help. As for foxes, they're everywhere, calmly sitting around within 20yds whilst I walk by with my dogs straining on the lead at them. Hope you're bearing up all right matey and Shirl. ATB, Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    If it does it for you Ray who are we to argue 😁🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Lovely things Mick, kind of you; sadly v.rarely seen in Nth London, even then only passed away or beyond help. As for foxes, they're everywhere, calmly sitting around within 20yds whilst I walk by with my dogs straining on the lead at them. Hope you're bearing up all right matey and Shirl. ATB, Ted.
    We used to see quite a few around here. Not seen any for a long while.

Apparently, there's a fox doing the rounds on a housing estate about half a mile from us that's taken to killing puss cats.

Did anyone else hear that bit on the Beeb the other morning saying that badgers are the most numerous mammal roadkill victims? I'd have thought that would have been rabbits, especially around here.

Pheasants the most prolific bird species to succumb......not much surprise there, then. Bloody dozy buggers!

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Like Ted, I used to see skanky old Town foxes all the time in NW London, just wandering around the roads. I haven’t seen one fox since I’ve lived out here. I am seeing a few hedgehogs though which is nice as they were very rare back in the suburbs of The Smoke in the last 10 years or so. As you say Tone, pheasants are the dopiest things alive and I probably see them (as roadkill) the most around here, however, squashed badgers come a close second.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    We used to see quite a few around here. Not seen any for a long while.

Apparently, there's a fox doing the rounds on a housing estate about half a mile from us that's taken to killing puss cats.

Did anyone else hear that bit on the Beeb the other morning saying that badgers are the most numerous mammal roadkill victims? I'd have thought that would have been rabbits, especially around here.

Pheasants the most prolific bird species to succumb......not much surprise there, then. Bloody dozy buggers!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Like Ted, I used to see skanky old Town foxes all the time in NW London, just wandering around the roads. I haven’t seen one fox since I’ve lived out here. I am seeing a few hedgehogs though which is nice as they were very rare back in the suburbs of The Smoke in the last 10 years or so. As you say Tone, pheasants are the dopiest things alive and I probably see them (as roadkill) the most around here, however, squashed badgers come a close second.
    Pauly, our town foxes as you know aren't wary but waste food abundant, daft people feed 'em, and nobody is shooting them, unlike rural areas where folk with .223's or the like are calling them out and/or employing NV kit to cull them. By the way, good luck with house purchase.

Tone, I see run over badgers around here on edge of N.London suburbs, with some miles of farmland, parkland and golf courses from the top of our road.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Thanks Ted. Things are moving again with the house move. The boundary issue with Land Registry has been resolved as an error on their part. I now have all the paperwork to proceed with the purchase except - the old couple I’m purchasing from have a bit of a glitch with one of the Environmental Searches on the property they are buying which may add another slight delay but hopefully nothing too drastic. I’m getting there.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Pauly, our town foxes as you know aren't wary but waste food abundant, daft people feed 'em, and nobody is shooting them, unlike rural areas where folk with .223's or the like are calling them out and/or employing NV kit to cull them. By the way, good luck with house purchase.

Tone, I see run over badgers around here on edge of N.London suburbs, with some miles of farmland, parkland and golf courses from the top of our road.
    There's going to be regional differences I guess, re squashed badger numbers vs bunnies, as confirmed by you nice peeps. Around here though I bet I see only one or two badgers a year, as opposed to maybe twenty bunnies a week?

Too true re the foxes, chaps. In the rural areas it's easier and there will be more people who will have grown up with the idea of controlling them. One of my customers uses a variety of different toys to take care of them and always shows me lots of pictures of his kills on his mobile when he calls in.

Thanks Ted. Things are moving again with the house move. The boundary issue with Land Registry has been resolved as an error on their part. I now have all the paperwork to proceed with the purchase except - the old couple I’m purchasing from have a bit of a glitch with one of the Environmental Searches on the property they are buying which may add another slight delay but hopefully nothing too drastic. I’m getting there.
    That's one hurdle negotiated, Pauly.
    Just another to go.
    Don't you just love red tape?

You'll soon be in there, matey.

61 sleepies to go, peeps.

BOING!