Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th/8th September 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Lovely things Mick, kind of you; sadly v.rarely seen in Nth London, even then only passed away or beyond help. As for foxes, they're everywhere, calmly sitting around within 20yds whilst I walk by with my dogs straining on the lead at them. Hope you're bearing up all right matey and Shirl. ATB, Ted.
    Cheers, Ted, and yes we're still plodding along but no improvement in me.

I actually had Hedgehogs at my last house in Hinckley, they used to come into the kitchen to pinch my cat's food, so they are about in towns.
    When I moved back to Quigley Hollow I didn't see any Hedgehogs here for the first few years then out of the blue one appeared.
    With putting food out for them every night we ended up with a little herd of them, sometimes there's upto 7 feeding on my patio at any one time.
    Pumpkin, the mother of the litter shown was rescued by a friends sister in the middle of Leicester when she failed to hibernate, and being semi tame was released at my place so I could keep an eye on her.
    The only slight problem with Pumpkin is that she doesn't roll into a ball when I approach her as she has no fear of humans, but on the flip side she seems perfectly happy with me to check on her hoglets for her.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Have we got to wear green tights and silly hat with a feather in it .
    All you'll need is a feather Ray, no big deal.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    All you'll need is a feather Ray, no big deal.
    Ray looks good in feathers
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Ray looks good in feathers
    Nah, Ray himself told me that he'd rather have a damned good plucking!

At least I THINK that's what he said!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

I actually had Hedgehogs at my last house in Hinckley, they used to come into the kitchen to pinch my cat's food, so they are about in towns.
    When I moved back to Quigley Hollow I didn't see any Hedgehogs here for the first few years then out of the blue one appeared.
    With putting food out for them every night we ended up with a little herd of them, sometimes there's upto 7 feeding on my patio at any one time.
    Pumpkin, the mother of the litter shown was rescued by a friends sister in the middle of Leicester when she failed to hibernate, and being semi tame was released at my place so I could keep an eye on her.
    The only slight problem with Pumpkin is that she doesn't roll into a ball when I approach her as she has no fear of humans, but on the flip side she seems perfectly happy with me to check on her hoglets for her.

All the best Mick
    Sorry to hear no improvement re the wobbles, Mick.

But a lovely, heartwarming story re the little hedgie hoggies!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

All the best Mick
    They are cracking little creatures. We had one wrapped up in its "nest" during the winter hibernating. Once the weather warmed up he departed which was a shame. Maybe hell come back next year

60 to go, peeps.

BOINGY BOINGIES!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    We used to see quite a few around here. Not seen any for a long while.

Apparently, there's a fox doing the rounds on a housing estate about half a mile from us that's taken to killing puss cats.

Did anyone else hear that bit on the Beeb the other morning saying that badgers are the most numerous mammal roadkill victims? I'd have thought that would have been rabbits, especially around here.

Pheasants the most prolific bird species to succumb......not much surprise there, then. Bloody dozy buggers!
    A cat killing fox would be very welcome in my garden Tone, as the numerous local pussies, some of them at least semi-feral, like to leave deposits on my lawn.

The cats upset the song birds and if I miss one of their deposits, I get a stinking clogged up mower.

We get frequent grey squirrel visits too and hedgehogs are seen once or twice a year.

On a much brighter note, Chris Baldino will be dropping by soon, prior to our travelling to Bude together.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Very much looking forward to meeting up with you soon matey Seems like ages since we were at the hollow, yet it was only a few weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post

On a much brighter note, Chris Baldino will be dropping by soon, prior to our travelling to Bude together.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Very much looking forward to meeting up with you soon matey Seems like ages since we were at the hollow, yet it was only a few weeks ago
    Gathering at Jamie and Mel's?

Safe journeys to you fine folk and hope you all have a splendid time.

Into the 50s.......

59 to go now, peeps.

BOING!

Don't want to jinx myself but hopefully there'll be a "one in, one out" coming my way soon.

Oh, plus that knackered pistol and, maybe, maybe a classic or vintage one.......

Fingers crossed.

Chippendale is online now Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Anyone got a Webley Exocet, just wondered how they shoot, I acquired one today, my cousin wanted rid so I asked him how much, he said fifty notes. Went over and had a look, its in very good condition, there is a Hawke scope with it, open sights, four tins of pellets, each tin has £7 in ink on the lids, two have not been opened and the whole lot is in a plastic box with that lumpy foam inside.

Think I may have a bargain myself.

Chippendale (with clothes on)

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I had an Xocet. It's where my forum name came from. It was a. 22 carbine. Bloody harsh at first but a venom kit turned it into a sweet little rifle
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Anyone got a Webley Exocet, just wondered how they shoot, I acquired one today, my cousin wanted rid so I asked him how much, he said fifty notes. Went over and had a look, its in very good condition, there is a Hawke scope with it, open sights, four tins of pellets, each tin has £7 in ink on the lids, two have not been opened and the whole lot is in a plastic box with that lumpy foam inside.

Think I may have a bargain myself.

Chippendale (with clothes on)
    Most definitely a bargain, Melv.

Although not an expert on them, I don't think there were any Turkish made Xocets, only Bruumy ones. I had quite an extended and most thoroughly enjoyable session with Dayglowfroggy's Xocet on the Sunday of the last Bash and didn't want to give it back. Lovely looks and handling, nice solid breech lock-up and the trigger was most definitely usable.

If you ever get tired of it........

And whilst we're on that subject, do you have any nice-ish Airsporters needing re-homing at the moment?

Must get that mini-meet arranged sometime soon and hope you're feeling good, sir.